Ugly Black Box

Frequently Asked Questions, not answered in the tutorials. Häufig gestellte Fragen, die im Online Tutorium nicht beantwortet sind.
therinken

Ugly Black Box

Post by therinken »

I just re-installed 3.6 on a new laptop with el capitan (10.11.13) and there is this big ugly black border around the viewer window... anybody know how to remove it?
mehemptah
Site Admin

Re: Ugly Black Box

Post by mehemptah »

hmmm... let me know how to get it, maybe then i can find a way to remove it... :?
erikvlie

Post by erikvlie »

Kairon is not 100% compatible with El Capitan. If you go to Progressions, then open Preferences and change some points and click Apply, the application hangs and when you hit the command-s key to try save the lot before force-quitting, you get a completely messed up interface with horizontal lines all over the place.

I would have expected Kairon 4 to have been released by now as it was more or less expected last year, but we're still stuck at 3.6.1. A shame, really because iPhemeris, for example, is not as good as Kairon...
mehemptah
Site Admin

Post by mehemptah »

hmmm....
i still don't get it what this is got to do with El Capitan...
trying to follow your instructions using "some points" i achieve different results.
Adding "some points" causing your mac to freeze can be either due to using a point that uses a font, that no longer is active in your system, or it can be due to using an invalid arabic point (i think i remember one or two can create troubles, but no longer know which ones).
I am on 10.11.3 and don't hang, nor do i know what you mean by black box.
Also, i have no idea why you would hit command-s... this only saves your chart you entered, it has no effect with settings or progressions.
The only thing i understand is that you wonder about Kairon4, but well, i don't think you think i did not release it to tease my customers...
Davki

Post by Davki »

Hi,

I just installed Kairon 3.61 on a new mobile Mac and can confirm the 'black box'. It looks like a black frame with rounded edges laid around the application window. Unfortunately, I didn't take a screenshot. After the second start is has disappeared.
mehemptah
Site Admin

Post by mehemptah »

Thanks a lot for your reply.