Upgrades or new version

Frequently Asked Questions, not answered in the tutorials. Häufig gestellte Fragen, die im Online Tutorium nicht beantwortet sind.
Merrieweather

Upgrades or new version

Post by Merrieweather »

I have just discovered your program and was about to purchase the Mini Private version, when i noticed your reply to another poster. Your reply suggests that you are working on a new and improved version - Is this correct?
if so , could you please advise me of the following:

1) any idea when it will be launched?
2) what new functions will it have?
3) what sort of prices will it be?
4) if I buy the mini now, will I have to re-purchase the upgraded version?

Thanks
p.s please don't change how the chart wheel looks - it's the best one i have found.

Merrieweather
(using Mac 10.9)
mehemptah
Site Admin

Post by mehemptah »

Hello Merrieweather,

thank you for appreciating the chart design!

And yes, you are right, i am indeed happily working on a new version right now. The exact features are not fixed, yet - i guess if i would try to put in all i wanted the release date would again get postponed by yet another year.

Existing designs will not be dropped, but there will be additional ones.

So far, all upgrades of Kairon have ever been free since 2004. This is not common. I guess it will depend on the price of the smallest version, if there would be a price over the difference to that version only for those who purchased Kairon within the last 365 days before the release of Kairon 4. Like: if it would be 50$ the minimal version, then upgrading from a mini-version would cost 15$ while downgrading from a pro-version would not give you any money back on the other hand - trying to be fair to customers should also include trying to be fair to myself as well :-D

Please forgive me, if i can't be any more concrete today, but the original release-date is meant to be around fall 2014.
So - you don't loose by not waiting for it :-)

(any users who purchased will be granted a bonus on upgrading, of course, just not the same - depending on version and date, of course)
erikvlie

Post by erikvlie »

I second that. It's the most clean design I too have come across, which makes viewing aspects, planets, etc effortless. It's also the most beautiful chart around.
mehemptah
Site Admin

Post by mehemptah »

calebgrayson

Re: Upgrades or new version

Post by calebgrayson »

when i post charts from Kairon to astro forums everyone remarks about their unique beauty. even better is the chart-centric focus of the program. i don't have to go into a lot of different menus to generate charts as if each type of chart is a different entity. in Kairon it's like a moment in time is the center and i can look at that moment from many different perspectives using the Drawer. and then change that moment easily. it's so fast and easy to use.

one nice thing about Io form TCR is that in a separate window i can turn on and off planets with one tick. i do this in readings as i start with a blank chart and add each planet one at a time as not to confuse the client with too much information. this way it builds up. it's be nice to have that option in a drawer. a quick hide/show. it's the only reason i use Io with clients instead of Kairon.
and the only other feature i can think of is an astro clock or simply the ability to make the transits or time machine move without having to hold the button down. like a hold-lock. these are probably just unique desires of mine, but i thought hey why not throw them out there!

—Caleb ☉♃☿♀♆♏︎11th
mehemptah
Site Admin

Re: Upgrades or new version

Post by mehemptah »

hehe... without you saying anything the first thing about the objects was, that now they show in real time, when clicked, and that they can be activated in logical groups. Then you can also set their color directly and like in Kairon 2.19 colors can now again be set in groups as well... even more sophisticatedly. And the transits now have a timer that can be started, reverted and paused - doing all by itself: i admit it... all this was long overdue. Yet, there is still much to do, the new Kairon is not yet fully grown... :mrgreen:
PS: thank you for the nice words on the design - soooo appreciated - and you really got the philosphy of Kairon: one moment in time, many perspectives :-)))