Transform license from one computer to another

Frequently Asked Questions, not answered in the tutorials. Häufig gestellte Fragen, die im Online Tutorium nicht beantwortet sind.
markus

Transform license from one computer to another

Post by markus »

I´d like to sell my old iMac and have Kairon on my MacBookPro. May anyone help in this question. Unfortunately I don´t have my licensing mail from Kairon, because it was deleted.
mehemptah
Site Admin

Post by mehemptah »

i mailed you the data, you're welcome
but i did so in german, if you have problems with that, let me know :wink:
osman

I have a similar situation

Post by osman »

I have reinstalled mac os x and now my kairon license key doesn't work.
mehemptah
Site Admin

Post by mehemptah »

can you post the first five and the last four letters of your license key?
atfulcrum

Post by atfulcrum »

Hello, long-time listener, first-time caller here. Kairon has been my go-to charting and interpretation software for a while now, so much so that I went ahead and purchased a license a while back. I'm used to the workflow, and the display is clean and understandable even on smaller screens. Really a lot of thought went into this software and I enjoy it!

I'm afraid I'm having the same issue, would like to transfer my license from an old MacBook to a new Mac Mini. Can't find the file on my MacBook that would allow me to see the registration information in any of the hierarchies (I've unhidden all the files on the drive that would ordinarily be hidden).

Does such a file exist on my drive, or does Kairon phone home to some obscure server somewhere in order to verify that I've actually paid for the software? If so, where might I locate it?

The reason this is an issue is that I don't remember how I paid for the software—none of my e-mail accounts seem to have anything coming from Kagi in them, so I don't know where to tell you to send the old registration information.

Thanks very much for your attention!

PS Any thoughts on when we might see the next revision?
mehemptah
Site Admin

Post by mehemptah »

Don't worry, Kagi's database can be searched for names as well, the email address is not needed. Unfortunately i don't even have your name, but can definitely tell you that there has been no purchase on your email-address.
The next version of Kairon is what i am actually working on right now, it will have lots of extended features and improvements but work only from Mavericks upwards.
Kairon is not connecting to any home-servers - even applications like QuarkXPress and Photoshop got cracked in no time. If you make a theft complicated you also make it more joyful and the thief is even proud of it and thinks s/he achieved something. It is a matter of fairness.
For the joy of getting to know your own mac better: have a look at ~/Library/Preferences (or just give me your name that i can look at Kagi) :-)
atfulcrum

Post by atfulcrum »

PM sent.. found something of interest but need help parsing it.

Thanks again!
mehemptah
Site Admin

Post by mehemptah »

sent you the full registration mail as a pn :-)