Bug report (and praise!) iKairon 2.05

Questions and Answers about the Application on iPhone, iPod, iPad
jyotirvidya

Bug report (and praise!) iKairon 2.05

Post by jyotirvidya »

Hi Kilian,
Love the new iKairon, it really is wonderful and the features so good. Thanks!

I've noticed a bug which I think was also mentioned on app store by another user.
Certain aspects show in grid which are not real, nor are displayed on correct radix view. E.g. I have no 'tao' between my Saturn and Chariklo but it displays on grid as exact (for info: the angular diff. between those planets in my chart is 154, as per desktop Kairon, but is displayed under grid as .01' close Tao aspect - off by 10 degrees, yeah?)

Maybe you are already aware of this but just thought I'd tell you myself :lol:
Otherwise I'm amazed at variety of features, love the new asteroids, nakshatra, declination option, etc. Great value, thanks!
David
jyotirvidya

Re: Bug report (and praise!) iKairon 2.05

Post by jyotirvidya »

PS I notice same error with quintiles too. So far only contraquindeciles and quintiles display on grid that are not on chart.
Also noticed some aspects show different orbs on chart vs grid.
mehemptah
Site Admin

Post by mehemptah »

If you use an orbis higher than the distance to the next active aspect, then the first aspect that falls in this orbis will be chosen. As the tolerances are based upon the planets and not on the aspects it is possible to mess this up, yet, still the correct tolerance should be displayed, like a trine with a tolerance of -30° can be displayed instead of a square or an inconjunct, which makes no sense, of course. Best to use the orbis choker for a quick check.
jyotirvidya

Post by jyotirvidya »

Thanks Kilian. Yes I recall that concept from using desktop Kairon.
I suppose that is what is happening but I wonder how to work with it?
For example now Venus is squine the North Node to a tolerance of .8 (which should put it out of range of its near aspect the tridecile?)

When I have both squine and tridecile 'on': I can move the aspect choker in main view down to .8 to still show the squine aspect, but in the grid view I must move aspect tolerance up to about 2 before it shows the squine, and if I turn on tridecile, displays that aspect between Venus and Node with orb 1.8.

I won't usually want to display both of these aspects, so just trying to understand why the different tolerances in different views -mostly I want to be able to switch to grid view and know that it's showing what was on the chart before. As you say, to know which the correct orb is of the two possibilities. Just trying to understand these new aspects in charts and so want to know their degree of exactitude.

Another very minor issue that I guess only applies to iPhones (i'm on an iphone 5 :D) ?
- when displaying medieval dignity list it does not display the rest of the table past Mars. (though other parts of List do scroll over such as Vedic list) Maybe not an issue on ipad screens? It would be fun to be able to see the added up dignities listing.

Anyway it's all great and these are minor issues, thanks!
mehemptah
Site Admin

Post by mehemptah »

i will have a closer look at this difference, i was not aware of it, yet.
the other one is already fixed but not yet published - it is a shift, unfortunately Asc and MC are displayed (uselessly) and took the place of jupiter and saturn. shall come back to this again once i had the closer look.