Kairon Crashes on iPad Mini

Questions and Answers about the Application on iPhone, iPod, iPad
Pam Crane

Kairon Crashes on iPad Mini

Post by Pam Crane »

I had great hopes of Kairon, and bought it for my new iPad Mini last month. However, it crashes almost as soon as I try to use it. Most disappointing. When can we expect the promised update? I am hoping it will then run on these newer iPads. I am an avid asteroid user and look forward to a working app. I also have a wish-list of additional functions: Draconic charts, Antiscia and Contrantiscia, and maybe a User Arc function - very useful for all kinds of experimentation.
mehemptah
Site Admin

Post by mehemptah »

just redownload it directly from app-store on the iPad mini: installation via iTunes sometimes resulted in a crashing app in the past... before redownloading delete it completely. you won't be charged again, redownloading can be done as often as necessary.

the new update will be a big one, all present functionality will stay but lots of extensions and helps :-D
Pam Crane

Kairon crashing on iPad Mini

Post by Pam Crane »

Thank you! I'll try that. And very much look forward to the new version. Any ETA yet?
mehemptah
Site Admin

Post by mehemptah »

some people have to say a time and that spurs them on... in my case this is not so, maybe it has to do with more watery vs more firy dispositions?
Pam Crane

update on iPad Mini

Post by Pam Crane »

I deleted Kairon, reinstalled it on the iPad as you advised - and it refused to accept any of the settings I asked for ... no outer planets, no extra aspects. So I deleted it again, reinstalled it again, then went to the settings before opening the app instead of afterwards. This time they were all there - for a moment! Then the display corrupted. Unfazed, I tried inputting my data, and at last got the chart intact with everything working as it should ... except it refuses to show me Tropical charts, only Sidereal! Fiddle with the settings as I may, it won't budge. So the app is definitely unstable, and although I do use Sidereal quite a lot I really would like to be able to display familiar old Tropical! Is there any help to be had with this problem?[/u][/i]
mehemptah
Site Admin

Post by mehemptah »

getting iKairon to run is one thing, changing the settings is another. Apple calls it "Multitasking" and that doesn't let you quit iKairon the regular way and it continues running in the background.
so it won't read in the settings.
to make it read in the settings you have to quit it according to: http://kairon.cc/iKairon/faq.html
i have it in use for some years now, it never crashes at all, neither on my iPad3 nor on my iPhones 3,4,5
(and changing the settings ALWAYS works exactly as it should, if you do it according to the instruction) :-D
Pam Crane

rebooting

Post by Pam Crane »

Thank you again! I'm learning all the time. Tropical is back, and all appears to be well now. So glad I joined the forum. All best wishes to you! Pam
mehemptah
Site Admin

Post by mehemptah »

thank you, most welcome :-D
Pam Crane

One more little thing ...

Post by Pam Crane »

Now I am well up and running! But I saved a chart in which I made a mistake. Now I can't delete it. What am I doing wrong?
mehemptah
Site Admin

Post by mehemptah »

nothing, apple have changed their frameworks and now the delete command no longer works this way: next version of iKairon will work fine again on this and include new features, as well :-)
if you are desperate to delete the file there is still the option of using iExplorer, that gives you full access to all apps on your iPhone and more.