Midpoints

Frequently Asked Questions, not answered in the tutorials. Häufig gestellte Fragen, die im Online Tutorium nicht beantwortet sind.
erikvlie

Midpoints

Post by erikvlie »

Hi Kilian,

Can you please explain to me how midpoints in Kairon work? I can't figure out how it works. For example, if I select 90 degrees and an orb of more than 0 degrees, then what do the lines that appear as I move the slider up and down, mean?

How do I find the midpoint between Sun and Moon, for example? Where do I start?

Thanks,
Erik
mehemptah
Site Admin

Post by mehemptah »

Hello Erik,
when you look at the graphic you see a continuous line at 180°
if you move that line on a planets position, it will cast sublines on all planets, that are symmetrical to that line - i.e. have the same angle towards that planet on which the line points. (0 and 180 is on one line)
to find the midpoint between sun and moon, just move the line between those two and depending on your chosen orbis move it as far until it casts a line between those two. at 180° you will see the midpoint as well between the two, as well as also opposed to it.
Now the other numbers show you, what is in aspect to a midpoint, by bending the line on a certain degree.
this is a visualisation that lets you quickly find correlated symmetries in your chart for which you would normally not watch out.
The next version will then also have traditional midpoint-lists.
The present feature is like a high-end extension of midpoints in a merely graphical way.
erikvlie

Post by erikvlie »

Thank you for this clear explanation!