Language, and transits

Frequently Asked Questions, not answered in the tutorials. Häufig gestellte Fragen, die im Online Tutorium nicht beantwortet sind.
cusp

Language, and transits

Post by cusp »

Hi there,

I have used Kairon (3.6) for a few years now and really like it, but about six months or so ago the language seemed to revert to Austrian(?) In the Methods window, for example, 'month' now appears as 'tag'. How do I change this back to all English?

Also, I really liked the Transits feature in the Windows software program Astrolog. Now that I have switched my netbook (not my Mac desktop) over to Linux I no longer have Astrolog available. The Kairon transits feature is unwieldy. Is there any way I can modify it so it does not repeat the same transits over and over for each day, as in the example below :

15-09-2013/18:07h: Neptune Conjunct(0.20) North Node
15-09-2013/18:07h: Neptune Opposition(-0.20) South Node
15-09-2013/18:07h: South Node Inconjunct(0.24) Vertex
////snip////
17-09-2013/18:07h: Neptune Conjunct(0.02) North Node
17-09-2013/18:07h: Neptune Opposition(-0.02) South Node

Thanks for your help!
mehemptah
Site Admin

Post by mehemptah »

Hi,
Kairon takes the language from the MacOS Settings, if there in the list you have "English" on top of "German" Kairon will use "English", otherwise it uses "German"... it just guesses that you have those languages in the order you actually want.
It is easy to install astrolog on linux, you can even use it on your mac in the terminal if you just compile it there, no x-windows needed for the textual features, even though even with x-windows it works on both your mac and linux.
To restrict the output of your transits in Kairon look for only the planet(s) of importance or change the interval.
Next version of Kairon will have more versatile transit-visualisations, so if you are a bit patient, waiting would be enough. Have you had a look at the graphic ephemeris, yet? it seems best to me, for a quick overlook, anyways.

btw. i shifted your topic, it was in the iPhone section.
cusp

Post by cusp »

Thanks for the response. I removed all languages except English in setting, and it still comes up in German in Kairon, even after restart. Oh well, maybe I should learn German, I've always wanted to read Goethe in the original.

I should have thought about the Astrolog x-windows option in Linux. Thanks for that that tip!

And, I look forward to the next version of Kairon.

Lots of oppositions up in the sky these days...
mehemptah
Site Admin

Post by mehemptah »

then please just download Kairon 3.6.1 update from http://kairon.cc and replace your Kairon 3.6 from your Applications folder or wherever it may be with that... the translations of Kairon are contained in the app, so if you download it new they can't be gone... i tried around a bit and my Kairon always changes the language immediately (after quitting Kairon and launching it again) when i change the order in the languages and also when i deactivate them (have no idea how to delete them, though...)
You only need to log out if you want the Finder to change the language, any app will chang it on relaunch of that app.
kind regards
cusp

Post by cusp »

Thanks, Done. I should have looked for updates! Everything fine now.

Thank you again.