change computer

Frequently Asked Questions, not answered in the tutorials. Häufig gestellte Fragen, die im Online Tutorium nicht beantwortet sind.
ronaldoasa

change computer

Post by ronaldoasa »

Hi, My macbook died last month and I had to migrate everything from an old backup to a new computer but I can't reinstall kairon. I downloaded the last version but it keeps saying I have to select a kairon datafile in an error msg.
What should I do? I have the latest macOS and remebre nothing from my first kairon install, since it's been several years.
mehemptah
Site Admin

Post by mehemptah »

please, try to reinstall as clean as possible. i guess using backups also transfers old problems to new devices. whenever i change my mac, i download all my installers fresh ... it takes a bit longer to start, but i never have any troubles like that.
from the kind of error you describe you may have copied a too old version of Kairon and then maybe tried to run the Kairon for Lion on top of the old installation?
ronaldoasa

Post by ronaldoasa »

All right, I did it. Installed new version, mine was really old. But now I have to insert the license key I received when I bought it several years ago. I don't have it any more, it was probably on an email...
Could you help me recovering my license key?
My name is Ronaldo Almeida, from Brazil, email ronaldoasa@pobox.com
thanks
mehemptah
Site Admin

Post by mehemptah »

got sent on july 15 :-D via email
(just updating the topic)