3.6.1 downloaded, still not opening

Frequently Asked Questions, not answered in the tutorials. Häufig gestellte Fragen, die im Online Tutorium nicht beantwortet sind.
Black Rat

3.6.1 downloaded, still not opening

Post by Black Rat »

"Preference not found error!"

The message I get when I try to open the Kairon 3.6.1 download. I have now deleted the 3.6 version, unsure what to do next to get it running in Lion. I don't recall how I installed the original 3.6; CD, download, or hard drive back-up from my old laptop. I've actually read all the other posts about this problem, I'm not literate enough to understand any of the solutions beyind using the link to the 3.6.1 file. I do recognize that the new OS-X doesn't display the library in finder, that's about all. Preferences, terminal, etc., not sure about.

Thanks!
Current Western astrology student.
mehemptah
Site Admin

Post by mehemptah »

Hello Black Rat,
sorry that i did not find your post earlier.
In your Mac's finder click the "go to" menue while holding down the "alt" key and open Library (it won't appear unless "alt" is clicked).
From Library proceed to Preferences and delete everything that starts with com.Kairon... unless the preference is deleted, a new installation would not solve your old problems. Then best delete any Kairon files you can find in both local and global Application Support and in Program Folder.
Once this was done you need to first install Kairon 3.6 from the installer on http://kairon.cc, then (if you have a full license) the Atlas Installer (it has to be downloaded and doubleclicked - some just download it) and then download Kairon 3.6.1 and replace Kairon 3.6 in the Applications folder with Kairon 3.6.1
... this should do :-D
Black Rat

Post by Black Rat »

It looks fine so far, thanks!
Current Western astrology student.