Kairon crashing when trying to view a chart

Frequently Asked Questions, not answered in the tutorials. Häufig gestellte Fragen, die im Online Tutorium nicht beantwortet sind.
Elborath

Kairon crashing when trying to view a chart

Post by Elborath »

Kairon works perfectly on my MacBookPro but when I use exactly the same set up on my iMac it crashes every time I try to open a chart or view or see the graphics Aspects view. I saw the question and answer called Kairon Abnormally Terminating from waywuwei but I haven't made any changes to the one on the iMac. Your help would be appreciated
Elborath
mehemptah
Site Admin

Post by mehemptah »

what version of mac os x and what version of kairon?
do you have Times (not Times roman), Verdana and Kairon Semiserif active on both mashines?
kelley

Post by kelley »

I'm having this problem also. I'm working with the trial version of Kairon 3.6 but each time I try to view a chart, either through the toolbar or Radix, the application quits. I have a MacBook Pro Version 10.6.8.

Can anyone offer guidance or suggestions?

Thanks!
kelley

Post by kelley »

ahhh, never mind. after several hours of this, it's now mysteriously working.
mehemptah
Site Admin

Post by mehemptah »

Downloading the 3.6.1 update is not enough, you also must replace the old 3.6 in Programmes folder with the newly downloaded one. Otherwise you will not know which one of the two was launched.
su

Post by su »

I have the same problem. Mac version 10.6.8, Kairon version 3.6.1.
Crashes when I try to bring up a chart.

It was working fine until today.
su

Post by su »

My problem had to do with improperly installed fonts. Kairon tech support helped me fix it. :)