LOST correct symbols for planets & comets

Frequently Asked Questions, not answered in the tutorials. Häufig gestellte Fragen, die im Online Tutorium nicht beantwortet sind.
Khieriel

Post by Khieriel »

Ignorantly I clicked the Apply Changes button in Preferences/Styles when I would change a color for the planets & comets (asteroids). I didn't notice for example that Saturn changed to a red triangle, and Jupiter had changed to a j.
From Time machine I restored previous Kairon app, and previous def.kair, but nothing changed. I still have a mess of meaningless symbols.
Is there a Default return to normal? I saw Revert, but nothing happened.
I have Kairon 3.6 installed also on my laptop (though it's a Trial version). I made the color changes correctly (with the correct Apply button). Can I copy it over to my desktop. Of course I need to keep my Paid status.
Khieriel

Post by Khieriel »

Failing to change ANYTHING by reinstalling the Kairon, and by transferring Kairon Preferences from my other computer, but nothing brought back the original glyphs.
However, I persisted back in the scene of the loss--Styles in Preferences. By clicking on an Element, then on the "offending" Applying Changes, and the correct symbol for Saturn, Jupiter, etc.!
So ONLY use Applying Changes for the elements![/i]
mehemptah
Site Admin

Post by mehemptah »

there is a very exact tutorial about this and if you follow it exactly you don't mess up: the trick is to select a font first in the glyphs box, as described in the tutorial.
you can go back to the old preferences by deleting the Kairon folder in ~/Library/Application Support/
(if you have items you intend to keep, move them out from there, first)