Installing on Lion

Frequently Asked Questions, not answered in the tutorials. Häufig gestellte Fragen, die im Online Tutorium nicht beantwortet sind.
Lorel

Installing on Lion

Post by Lorel »

I just upgraded to a newer computer with Lion 10.7.3. According to the download 3.6.1 is supposed to work on this version of Lion but when I click on the installer it says I need the Kairon semiserif font, which of course isn't available until you install it. How do I get the font???
Lorel
mehemptah
Site Admin

Post by mehemptah »

hi lorel,
you first need to install 3.6 and then upgrade to 3.6.1, the details are on the downloads page... :-)
Lorel

Post by Lorel »

MehemPtah wrote:hi lorel,
you first need to install 3.6 and then upgrade to 3.6.1, the details are on the downloads page... :-)
Sorry for being so slow to answer this. I've been using Kairon on the old computer.

I can't download Kairon 3.6 on the new computer as it won't take my login info. Is it the same as for this forum? Can you send it to me via my email if it's different. I have the original letter when I purchased Kairon years ago but no login info there.

Also the Kairon 3.6 Installer (2nd item in list of 3) doesn't work (reverts to a blank page on browser).
Lorel
mehemptah
Site Admin

Post by mehemptah »

hello lorel,

please carefully and attentively read what you find written at the page "downloads" of http://kairon.cc

there is no password for downloading the kairon 3.6 installer, only for downloading the atlas-installer and that info is in your purchase receipt, the only letter you automatically received after your purchase. so if you have that letter that info is also there (except you have a mini license instead of a full license)

i have no other words than those on that page and in that letter, but once you read this all and if then you still have questions i will probably better understand what you are referring to. so don't hesitate to ask again if after reading and trying again you should still have questions.
Lorel

Post by Lorel »

Hi Kilian,

I went to the downloads page to download 3.6.

The bottom one requires a login (it doesn't say enter the license key) and my login for this forum does not work.

The 2nd link doesn't work at all. Goes to another page.

I'd rather not have to order the CD.

So I'm not sure what's wrong. I"m using the newest Safari and also tried the newest Firefox with the same results.

BTW I purchased Kairon 3.0 and upgraded to 3.6 on the old computer.
Lorel
mehemptah
Site Admin

Post by mehemptah »

dear lorel,
please, forward me your purchase receipt email to my email adress and i will mark out the relevant part of that email in red, if you are not willing to read it all :-)
But rest assured, you are not asked for your license key and of course the forum login data are not the data for the download of the atlas. why should anybody have to log in to the forum to download a file?
Lorel

Post by Lorel »

MehemPtah wrote:dear lorel,
please, forward me your purchase receipt email to my email adress and i will mark out the relevant part of that email in red, if you are not willing to read it all :-)
But rest assured, you are not asked for your license key and of course the forum login data are not the data for the download of the atlas. why should anybody have to log in to the forum to download a file?
I only have the printed out copy dated Feb 17 2006.

There is NO password on the page. There are instructions to enter the License key. then there are some blank spaces in the text. Perhaps the password didn't print.

I will scan it and send to you.
Lorel
mehemptah
Site Admin

Post by mehemptah »

hello Lorel,
no need to scan it, it is a mini license, you never ever had the full ACS Atlas, only the Mini Atlas.
So there is no use downloading the Atlas Installer.