Finding one's license key

Frequently Asked Questions, not answered in the tutorials. Häufig gestellte Fragen, die im Online Tutorium nicht beantwortet sind.
jmkunka

Finding one's license key

Post by jmkunka »

I'm a registered user of a Mini Private version of Kairon 3.03 for PPC, although I've not used the app for several years. Now that I'm finally giving up my trusty G4 for an Intel iMac, I assume that I must update to v. 3.61.

Is there any way to display my license key in 3.03, so I can retrieve and enter this into the new version? (I'd assumed that the license would be recognized by the new version, but this was not the case.) After 8 years and several failed hard drives, any record of the license at my end was lost long ago.

I can accept that purchase of a new license might be required after 8 years -- most developers charge for upgrades every two or three years -- but it would be helpful to have the update/upgrade rules specified on the Web site.

Thanks!
mehemptah
Site Admin

Post by mehemptah »

hi,
you can at any time ask that old license key from kagi, they have a form to retrieve license keys.
alternately you can also send your full name you used at that time and that old email-address to support AT kairon.cc.
Anyways, your old license key is still valid.
if you want to dig in your osX for it: There is a Preference file of Kairon in your library which contains the license key, too, you can open it with any text editor or xml-editor.
No need to purchase a new license, yet.
:-)