Lion upgrade

Frequently Asked Questions, not answered in the tutorials. Häufig gestellte Fragen, die im Online Tutorium nicht beantwortet sind.
Jupitergeek

Post by Jupitergeek »

Can you see this photo? This is what I am looking at. I hope it helps explain visually what I am dealing with.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 893d9b2a90

(sorry about the hotlink, my photobucket account is misbehaving.)
mehemptah
Site Admin

Post by mehemptah »

ok, i see...: what happens if you click "Cancel"?
Jupitergeek

Post by Jupitergeek »

Aha. Didn't think to try that. I wish that information could all have been included on the downloads page. Looks like things are running now. Thank you for the quick responses! :)
mehemptah
Site Admin

Post by mehemptah »

hehe.... good :-)

you are very lucky, often i don't see new entries for a couple of days :-s
regards,
calebgrayson

Re: Lion upgrade

Post by calebgrayson »

so i can't remember how this problem got solved for me, but i'v been using Kairon 3.6.1 for a long time now and even on Mavericks with no problem, but last week was the first time i tried using it on Yosemite and it is doing the exact same thing. when i hit the Radix icon for example, the icon goes dark but nothing else happens. i can't remember how i fixed it!!

(btw, i tell everyone on all the astro forums this is the best astrology software out there for many reasons.)
mehemptah
Site Admin

Post by mehemptah »

thanks for the advertising... so: now Yosemite - i will have to try it myself, i didn't upgrade yet, as i want to see first reactions on adobe cs5.1 - because i decided to not go with the cloud they offer and so there will be no way back, once my Photoshop no more runs, my Illustrator, my Dreamweaver, my Indesign, my AfterEffects, my Flash. And as that Adobe-stuff cost more than two new Mac-Mini i rather get an additional mac than update or delete adobe :-D
What you can try is: check if you have read permission on all the directories in which Kairon has its files and you can see, if all your Fonts used by Kairon are still installed and active. In 99% of all support-cases on of those was the reason.
calebgrayson

Post by calebgrayson »

it seems my problem was with the pref file. i moved all pref files into a folder Old Prefs and then when relaunching it asked me to find a prefs file and i chose the def_de.Kair. now it works perfectly!
mehemptah
Site Admin

Post by mehemptah »

Yippieh!!!
Thanks for letting us all know ;-)