Lion upgrade

Frequently Asked Questions, not answered in the tutorials. Häufig gestellte Fragen, die im Online Tutorium nicht beantwortet sind.
cusp

Lion upgrade

Post by cusp »

Will Kairon be upgrading for Mac Lion OS?
mehemptah
Site Admin

Post by mehemptah »

did anybody try lion yet and kairon on it?
calebgrayson

KAiron and Lion

Post by calebgrayson »

i just d/l Lion and am afraid to install. i just read it is incompatible with PPC and when i used system profiler, i saw many of my applications including Kairon 3.53 were PPC.

i'm trying to figure out how to partition the disk to something..

:/
mehemptah
Site Admin

Post by mehemptah »

well, there has also been an intel-Kairon 3.5x, kairon 3.6 is definitely intel, but i don't trust lion until i am told it works with my adobe applications and until i saw kairon running on it as well. as far as i remember kairon is a universal app, so it should be intel on intel and ppc on ppc :-)
snow leopard is intel only as well, so the intel thingy is nothing new with lion... and kairon is fine on snow leopard, fortunately... i just really love my snow leopard, like i was convinced that 10.4 was perfect, while i had only troubles with 10.5.... unfortunately lion is an odd number again :shock:
calebgrayson

dual OS

Post by calebgrayson »

i have this cool little ap called PixelToy that makes psychedelic visuals to music and its PCC only..so i have to find a way.

ps. i just d/l vers 3.6 and i can't find my license code. i thought moving the prefs to the fold in ap support would do it..
mehemptah
Site Admin

Post by mehemptah »

i kind of like this article to the upgrade to lion:
http://www.extremetech.com/computing/90 ... avoid-them
about your license: you can always retrieve it from Kagi, or you can drop me an email, but then i have to go to kagi and search their databases for you...
anyways: don't expect me to post your license key in here :-)
shirii

Lion and Kairon 3.6

Post by shirii »

MehemPtah wrote:did anybody try lion yet and kairon on it?
Kairon opens but nothing happens. Will there be an upgrade or such?
Thanx
shirii

3.6 and Lion

Post by shirii »

I upgraded to Lion and Kairon 3.6 opens but does nothing.
Will there be an upgrade? :cry: :cry:
mehemptah
Site Admin

Post by mehemptah »

there will be an update, of course, but for the time being i was told it is enough to open files by doubleclicking them twice. i did not try it myself, as i don't trust newly released operating systems...
augurone

Lion has not visuals

Post by augurone »

File menus work, app seems to launch, the issue is in rendering. However you are accessing core graphics has changed, hopefully it is only modifying a couple of pointers. I have kairon on my phone, it is just not the same, feeling a little naked without it. I never upgrade early, what was I thinking????

Here is what the syslog says,

Kairon 3.6: *** -[__NSArrayI objectAtIndex:]: index 1 beyond bounds [0 .. 0]