Lion upgrade

Frequently Asked Questions, not answered in the tutorials. Häufig gestellte Fragen, die im Online Tutorium nicht beantwortet sind.
cusp

Thank you!

Post by cusp »

...a bit convoluted. I did not know I had to go to <http://kairon.formativ.net/> download the new version, and then download the newer version listed above.

Thanks for your help! :P
calebgrayson

Kairon 3.6.1 freezes

Post by calebgrayson »

so i replaced 3.6 with 3.6.1 and the app opens and looks normal, but when i click on View-->Aspects or Radix it freezes..well not freezes, just darkens the icon and doesn't do anything. View-->Text works. i can quit. i can get About Kairon (which still says 3.6 and not 3.6.1) to come up, but not the Radix or the Aspects.
mehemptah
Site Admin

Post by mehemptah »

please check if you have all the required fonts installed:
Times
Verdana
Kairon Semiserif
calebgrayson

Post by calebgrayson »

yep.

i had 2 kairon fonts and deleted one.

i restarted. looked in local library and no fonts there. looked in main library and only 1 kairon font.
calebgrayson

Re: Kairon 3.6.1 freezes

Post by calebgrayson »

calebgrayson wrote:so i replaced 3.6 with 3.6.1 and the app opens and looks normal, but when i click on View-->Aspects or Radix it freezes..well not freezes, just darkens the icon and doesn't do anything. View-->Text works. i can quit. i can get About Kairon (which still says 3.6 and not 3.6.1) to come up, but not the Radix or the Aspects.
after all this time, and Mercury going direct, i tried to run 3.6.1 on my MBP with Lion. turns out, Kairon was using an different preferences i had made which uses different symbols and for signs and planets. i had no trouble with this previously. when i switched to default, it worked just fine. however, now my own system isn't working — or i should say i takes a long time for Kairon to draw it as i came back to it maybe an hour later and it had down the calculations with my own symbols.
mehemptah
Site Admin

Post by mehemptah »

Fortunately Mercury will not always be that retograde.
It was like bewitched at times: I even deleted wrong files, misread the same words several times and just did other things than i wanted to do, it was just that what i saw was not what i did... sooooo weird!!!
well... you have my fullest compassion and understanding in times like this, and i am not sure if my advice can be of any help as i am not sure if i understand or even read your problem properly right now.
Let me just try :-s
Basically we all can mess up Kairon by asigning new symbols to bodies and by then deleting or deactivating the fonts we used for those symbols.
If we have no clue, then:
Basically it helps if you already know the difference between "/Library" and "~/Library", because then you can delete the Kairon Folder from "~/Library" and with the next launch of Kairon all would work fine again. But if even that got messed up (if it doesn't work it got messed up) then all i can say is:
best you save your charts, delete everything which contains the name Kairon somehow, make sure your system has Verdana and Times (not Times Ten) and see if all else works fine and if so, then first install Kairon from a fresh download, then, if you have it, the Atlas, then replace Kairon 3.6 Icon by the newly downloaded Kairon 3.6.1 and then, if you manage to launch it, don't make a single click without first writing down what you did so that you can undo it again.
If that sounds messy, please forgive me being a victim of Mercury retograde myself, too....
Jupitergeek

Lion demo not working?

Post by Jupitergeek »

Hello,

I've had Kairon for iPhone for 2 years now and just tried downloading the Demo onto my newish Macbook running Lion. I would like to try it first and hopefully purchase a full license next week.

I read the instructions and first installed then tried to replace the file. The new fonts are not showing up. I cannot get past the first window asking for a license # although it clearly states "Demo" at the top of the window.

Is there any way to resolve this?

Thank you.
mehemptah
Site Admin

Post by mehemptah »

Hi,
what do you mean by "tried to replace the file"? Did you replace it, or didn't you?
You can replace it, that is good for not messing up, or you can just launch the Kairon 3.6.1 from the desktop as well. It is not important where you put it. So the first thing to make sure is what version number you find after opening "About Kairon...".
And where should what fonts "be showing up"?
And in what way can't you get past that window? Does it show you a number of still available launches?
Jupitergeek

Post by Jupitergeek »

Hi,

So the first thing to make sure is what version number you find after opening "About Kairon...".
I did replace the file. It now says "Kairon 3.6.1 for Tiger - OS X 10.4++".

And where should what fonts "be showing up"?
Should the fonts show up in Font Book? Apologies, I am quite new to my Mac but have had 15yr+ experience on PCs. Maybe I am missing something?

And in what way can't you get past that window? Does it show you a number of still available launches?
It says nothing about available launches. As previously stated, it asks for a key code.. I have none entered when trying to click "OK" and it does nothing but says "The number you entered is wrong." I am aware of this, there was no number input! :wink:

I will have to retry this by uninstalling/reinstalling.[/i]
mehemptah
Site Admin

Post by mehemptah »

please don't start reinstalling, this will not help, at least not here. You could start deleting the Kairon preference from your Library, but if you only installed it and could not launch it yet, then there would be no need to deal with a messed up preference.
if you don't see the number of launches on your window then you might at least see the demo button there?
or what do you mean by "it asks for a key code"?
How many entry fields and how many buttons are on that window?