default preferences?

Frequently Asked Questions, not answered in the tutorials. Häufig gestellte Fragen, die im Online Tutorium nicht beantwortet sind.
drdon

default preferences?

Post by drdon »

I inadvertently deleted the glyph for the Sun in the preferences box and can't get it back. help?
mehemptah
Site Admin

Post by mehemptah »

if you want to set your preferences back to default, the fastest way is to trash the entire kairon folder of your local application support folder (found by clicking the home button first). doing so, take good care that you don't accidentally kill the global kairon folder, otherwise you need to reinstall.

specifically: you probably just changed the font of the sun symbol, how to change a symbol you find explainded at the styles tutorial of the online tutorials at http://kairon.cc

it is important that you do this step by step, in the order you find in that tutorial, then, once understood, it is a matter of a few seconds only :-)

(any symbol can be a letter of any font installed on your mac in any color)
drdon

Post by drdon »

thanks for the reply. I have tried to cut and paste from the font box (don't understand what you mean by "with label glyph") to the symbol box but when I click "apply" the letter (a - for the Sun) doesn't not translate to the Sun glyph below and prints on the chart as an "a". The symbols are very small in font box and hard to select an individual symbol.
mehemptah
Site Admin

Post by mehemptah »

please do exact quotes to the tutorial, so i can improve it, where you don't understand the tutorial.
i will not copy paste the tutorial in here, nor the pictures of the tutorial, because otherwise people who are interested in clear answers will not know where to find what. so the best way is that you take that look at the tutorial and help me improve it.
drdon

Post by drdon »

got it figured out, thanks.