midpoints

Frequently Asked Questions, not answered in the tutorials. Häufig gestellte Fragen, die im Online Tutorium nicht beantwortet sind.
Adriana

midpoints

Post by Adriana »

Hello, I am new to Kairon and although I am enjoying it a lot, I would like to know if it's possible to see the exact position of any given midpoint. I can see that the function shows where does the midpoint occur but how do I find out the sign and degrees?
mehemptah
Site Admin

Post by mehemptah »

Hi Adriana,
this feature has been built in the other way round, so to say.
Like with aspects, we have to asume an orb of validity. this is defaulted to 3,0 degress. you can change this value by entering any other number, like 0,1 for instance and press enter (this is important, otherwise the change will not be noticed by kairon).
besides this orbis, you also have an absolute value of the midpoint counted as distance from the ascendant, this is the number near the arrows on top.
now, if you want to know, if this midpoint relates to some other object, you can click on any of the numbers below and consider them as aspect to another sign. what is cool about this approach is: it can be a midpoint itself again of two other objects... so you don't just see aspects between midpoints and objects, but also between midpoints and midpoints :)
Adriana

Midpoints

Post by Adriana »

Hi Killian
Thanks for your reply. Is there any way to see the degree and sign where the midpoint falls? I read your explanation but I am still trying to figure out how does it work. For instance, if I choose 45 deg with an orb of 2.0 in any give chart, I would see the angle displayed and I can move it around to match two planets and figure out what would be the midpoint. But how about the exact degree and sign?
mehemptah
Site Admin

Post by mehemptah »

hi, i just told you.
it is not displayed, displayed is the distance from the ascendant. so if you add that to the ascendant you have your value. the problem is: what do you want that value for? it is just a number which is meaningless by itself, and only needed for further calculations. so what is the kind of calculation you want to do with that value?
(please don't add "l"s to my name)
Adriana

Midpoints

Post by Adriana »

Hello again, what I need is to be able to know the degree and sign where the midpoint falls. If you are familiar with midpoint trees, this is also useful as it allows you to see points of contact between the midpoint and other planets. Is it possible to find out what is the exact position of the midpoint I can then see aspects to that point and the relation to natal planets.
Thanks
Adriana
mehemptah
Site Admin

Post by mehemptah »

maybe my english was too technical: once you have a midpoint, you click on the degrees, one by one and see, to which planets the midpoint has its aspects... no mathematics needed, you just "see" it.