i really need a bit of help please...

Frequently Asked Questions, not answered in the tutorials. Häufig gestellte Fragen, die im Online Tutorium nicht beantwortet sind.
image 7

i really need a bit of help please...

Post by image 7 »

kairon had been working perfectly , now it launches ok, but as soon as i try to open a chart i get the "Kairon 3.6 quit unexpectedly" error message.

i'm really crossing fingers someone has an answer...

i also want to add that this is an excellent program, the fonts are stunning and it makes beautiful easy to read charts... so i really want to be able to use it again...
mehemptah
Site Admin

Post by mehemptah »

Hi, probably you disabled Times as you may have Times and Times Ten Roman?
Fonts needed by common installation are:
Optima,
Times,
Kairon Semiserif
and any font you ever used in any of your Kairon Preference files, if e.g. you ever made a custom planet, you will always need that font used for this planet, as soon as you select this changed prefs file.
I hope that for future versions i will find a good font-not-there warning system, which lets you know, what to do, without long guessing.
image 7

fonts...

Post by image 7 »

i haven't altered any of the settings for fonts. i did change some of the arabic points, but beyond that i can't think of anything i may have done. also when i go into preferences if i click on defaults the program shuts down... thank you for trying to help... any other suggestions are welcome.
mehemptah
Site Admin

Post by mehemptah »

well, unlike prior versions Kairon 3.6 allows you to go back to "factory settings". If you are 100% sure you have not deactivated Times or Optima in Apple's Fonts Utility (got nothing to do with Kairon Settings but with your MacOS) then try this:
1) quit Kairon
2) delete <local user>/Library/Preferences/com.Kairon.Kairon36.plist
3) delete <local user>/Library/Application Support/Kairon/
4) start Kairon and enter your license key again
Make sure you don't mess up the global library on Macintosh HD with your user specific library, if you are not sure what i am talking about here, please ask back before you do anything.
This procedure will undo anything you did to Kairon, but will keep everything you did to your MacOS, so if Kairon ever has worked, but no longer does even after this procedure, then you do not have all the fonts required in your MacOS.
image 7

Post by image 7 »

i finally got a chance to do what you suggested, and i got back to the factory settings ok, re-entered my license key again, and all seemed ok, until it crashed again when i tried to open a chart... i have double checked the fonts, and they are all enabled... so i really don't think it has anything to do with the fonts... thank you for your help so far, any other suggestions would be great.
mehemptah
Site Admin

Post by mehemptah »

are you sure you downloaded the altas installer and installed the atlas?