Interpretation

Frequently Asked Questions, not answered in the tutorials. Häufig gestellte Fragen, die im Online Tutorium nicht beantwortet sind.
waywuwei

Interpretation

Post by waywuwei »

I am somewhat mystified about what the "Interpretation" method on the text page does. I can't find any mention of it in the tutorial. At first I thought it might be a way to create your own interpretation file, but that doesn't seem to be the case and all I managed to do is to cause data to be lost from the "example" file. I restored it from backup.
mehemptah
Site Admin

Post by mehemptah »

the textinterpretation has not yet been documented.
it allows you to enter your own interpretations, these are saved in interpretation-files, each of which contains an entire set of texts.
you can create interpretation-files at any lenght.
a file is created by first adding a filename to the menus and by then selecting certain combinations of the popup-menus and add the texts there. these have to be explicitly saved by hitting the save button.
the intepretation that is already there is just an exampletext, which is meant to show you how the feature works, but is not actually meant to be used...
to define a text, you choose an object by clicking on its checkbox and choosing it from the menu and you must also choose the sign for which you do the intepretation, like "Ascendant" in "Libra" for instance.
i have promised all these tutorials years ago, but whenever i am sitting down to write tutorials, i am blocked... everything seems too clear to me, as i have done everything the way i am thinking.
i wonder if you can get anything out from this short description here, but what i am getting out is: i have to extend the tutorials 8)
waywuwei

Thanks

Post by waywuwei »

Kilian,

Thanks for both of your replies. I am happy to find out that the "Interpretation" function is exactly that. Knowing that, I will sit down one day and devote some time to it, I'm sure I can figure it out.

Thanks for a really wonderful piece of software....