Kairon 3.6 unusable on a Power Mac G5 with Leopard 10.5.8

Frequently Asked Questions, not answered in the tutorials. Häufig gestellte Fragen, die im Online Tutorium nicht beantwortet sind.
alydar

Post by alydar »

I consider Admin more prof instead of Mehem Ptah more friendly.

As you like, call me Alydar or User

please find the answers as follow:

- Kairon 3.6 for Tiger (OSX 10.4++)

-Mac Book OSX 10.5.8 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

- the previous week I have downloaded Kairon's Demo and it works properly 4 launches , the last successfull one was this morning, during this session I tried to change some preferences ( Decane ) then the app crashed.

-no error messages displayed

-OSX is set to Italian language

Hope this can help you

Tnks
mehemptah
Site Admin

Post by mehemptah »

ah, i see, i would also feel strange calling a police officer by his name :-)

if you had told me that you had changed your preferences before you could no longer launch Kairon this could have saved us both some trouble, me guessing, you explaining, as you can never conclude from the effect to the cause, but if you have a cause and an effect, the cure is easy.
(like: my car is not here, what happened?)

Here is the cure:

Quit Kairon.
Go to Library again, this time open the Folder "Application Support" and delete the Kairon folder thereof.
Start Kairon again :-)

And if you tell me what you wanted to do in your preferences (again: decane allows not even a weak guess, not even with much effort) and how you tried to achieve it, i can also help you to achieve it without complications :-)))
alydar

Post by alydar »

Good morning Police Officer.

Car not found yet

One step beyond has been made:

after removed folder as required
when ask for a new file
the app now shows two errors

the first one is:

Datafile not found please select a Kairon datafile (with suffix ".kdat)

when I confirm it with OK

the second immediate error message is:

Preference not found error
please select a Kairon preference file (with suffix ".Kair")

at this point you could be able to "smell the rat...........!!!!!!!"

Thank you
mehemptah
Site Admin

Post by mehemptah »

well, sir, this rat does not smell neat no more :-D

i guess now you finally do need to reinstall, as normally on Launch of Kairon this folder is copied from /Library/A... to ~/Library/A... except it accidentally got deleted from /Library/A... also.

:?
alydar

Post by alydar »

Eureka!!!!!!!!!!

I removed two Kairon Folder

a) Kairon
b) Kairon 08-57-33

I placed again the folder Kairon in to the "Application Support" ad delete the other.

and......wow!..... just now the app does work perfectly.

Very well, before to buy the license, could you please let me know how to achieve this preference setting:

I ask to print the chart wheel with" decan and terms " option
with each sign terms hide
and with each sign decan modified ( to change the position of each planet)

Thank you very very much sir for all the support.
If you are in Vienna, hope one day to meet you and celebrate
with wiener schnitzel, kaiserschmarren, sacher torte and wine or bier

Proust.
mehemptah
Site Admin

Post by mehemptah »

aldyar, welcome, but:

i fear i don't understand what you tried to do. If you only changed the Decane settings, in what way did you change it? Did it still show a planet glyph in every field before you hit apply? It can only work with planets chosen from the menue on top of the dialog showing the sun...

Vienna: I am a vegetarian and teetotaller, so i would not be a good company in any restaurant which serves fried chunks of murdered animals, nor would i care about any alcohol driven talks, understanding is difficult enough even without alcohol :-D
alydar

Post by alydar »

Hi Admin,

sorry for the delay in responding.

My intention was to set the Decane with planet glyph or number or letter in every field of each sign.

The major change I hope to achieve is to delete any glyph into terms field in order to obtain the print of the chart wheel (decan and terms option) with blank fields of the terms.

With regards to our hypothetical meeting and menu in Vienna
please accept my sincere apologies, was not in my intention to offend you.

We have to remake the menu,
as regards me vegetarian or vegan choice will be highly appreciated, a cup of tea too.

Hope to hear you soon

Best regards
mehemptah
Site Admin

Post by mehemptah »

Hi Alydar,
what you have been trying to do is possible, if you stay within the rules, which are: every term symbol is printed in black and each term field consists of one symbol immediately followed by its distance from the start of the last symbol or, if it happens to be the first symbol - by the start from the sign in which it is placed. Now as you can freely asign any letter of any font to your symbols, choose a symbol you don't use (probably the earth symbol, it is only used for heliocentric charts) and asign an empty space to it (sic!) instead of the 'g' (see styles tutorial at http://kairon.cc). best you keep the numbers as they are, so there can be no problem that way - the numbers mark out the positions of the separating lines.
My recommendation, though, would be to just let the terms, as their meaning is exactly same as the decane: they hint at the power of the position of a planet in a sign and are part of the points calculation that you find on mouseover on a planet in your chart graphic.
Anyways you should at least save a new preference file for such experiments, so that you could return to your original settings at will at any moment. Kairon can be launched by doubleclicking a preference file (given you know where it is) which makes this preference file the new default preference file (good to know if it crashes on a new pref, then you can just click an old one that worked fine before)
:)