Kairon 3.6 unusable on a Power Mac G5 with Leopard 10.5.8

Frequently Asked Questions, not answered in the tutorials. Häufig gestellte Fragen, die im Online Tutorium nicht beantwortet sind.
erikvlie

Kairon 3.6 unusable on a Power Mac G5 with Leopard 10.5.8

Post by erikvlie »

Dear mr. Sternad,

On Leopard 10.5.8 running on a Power Mac G5 the following issues arise:

Kairon 3.6's toolbar doesn't react when clicking on anything other than the wheel.
Kairon's menu selections: the same problem; one cannot switch to aspects, for example.
In the Methods tab, you can select whatever you like, none of your selections are also shown on the wheel.

In one word: on Leopard 10.5.8, Kairon is broken. I have tried to remove the languages, I've opened the package and looked inside. Nothing works.

FWIW: I am an IT reviewer (only a hobby astrologer), so I know what I'm doing.
Last edited by erikvlie on Tue May 07, 2013 5:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
mehemptah
Site Admin

Post by mehemptah »

Hi there back,

unfortunately i get no notifications from new topics, so there is this late reply.
To test what you posted i will need to find someone with a G5, Leopard has not had any troubles on my PowerBook G4 and also not on my MacbookPro with Intel.
Are you sure you have all the Systemfonts described in other topics? (Times, Optima, Verdana)
Because this Behaviour is normally due to not installing the extended Atlas or due to not having all the fonts needed. But there is always a first time for everything.
As soon as i will have my hand on a G5, i will start working on a solution.

Thank you very much for your report.
erikvlie

Post by erikvlie »

Hi Admin.

I only recall you have to have the Kairon Semi-serif activated. Using FontExplorer, I de-activated both Verdana and Optima. I tested the application with these two fonts active again, and it works.

Thanks for the help, but could you please avoid relying on fonts other than Kairon semi-serif? It's really confusing...
mehemptah
Site Admin

Post by mehemptah »

Hi erikvlie,
thank you for your quick reply, this made my day :-)
I have perfect plans about all installation and useage issues so far, and hope i can reallize Kairon 4.0 pretty soon. Quite some ideas have also creeped in while developing Kairon for the iPhone (which should be available pretty soon from now!!!). Best for many users is: there will be a highly simplified "light" version and a more sofisticated "pro" Version. And there will be no installation troubles any longer: it will all be in one bundle...
alydar

Kairon 3.6 on Intel Core 2 Duo Leopard 10.5.8

Post by alydar »

Hi

I experienced some problem after 4 launches.
( the graph can not display and the menues are deactivated)

I have deleted Kairon and tried with new download without success.

Could you help me.
mehemptah
Site Admin

Post by mehemptah »

Hi,
what has changed on your system during your 4 launches?
You need Times (not Times Ten) active, also Verdana and also Kairon Semiserif.
Reinstalling Kairon is not making sense unless you get the message that some resources are missing. So better delete the Preferences named "com.Kairon..." and then try again.
Should you have upgraded to Lion during your four launches and forgot to mention this, then make sure you get the latest Kairon Update from http://kairon.cc
alydar

Post by alydar »

Hi,

please note:

nothing has changed on my system.

no upgraded done.

latest Kairon's version is installed.

Sorry, what about the activation of

Times, Verdana and Kairon Semiserif

could you be more specific.

Please consider I can't select any preferences (disabled) from Kairon.

Thank you very much.
mehemptah
Site Admin

Post by mehemptah »

i did not ask you to open the preferences and modify them via Kairon, but to delete a file from your local preferences folder. there are two easy ways to do this:
Quit Kairon, then you can alternately do 1) or 2)
1) you could hold down the option key while selecting the "Go" menue from the finder and select "Library" which will open the Library folder. In this you find the Preferences folder from which you can delete any files starting with "com.Kairon...."
OR even easier:
2) you open "Terminal" from your Utilities, copy paste the following line:
rm Library/Preferences/com.Kairon.Kairon36.*
and hit enter.
This deletes the Preference automatically, no need to look for it.

You say nothing changed on your system?
Then don't read on, otherwise:
If then Kairon still does not start normally, it is probably the font. In that case launch your Fonts-utility and watch out for said fonts. Fonts don't just drop out by themselves, so if you no longer have them, you must have deactivated them yourself and will also know how to activate them again.
:-)
alydar

Post by alydar »

Hi Admin

bad news.

option 1 applied
files starting with "com,Kairon..." delated

Fonts :Times, Verdana and Kairon Semiserif
are activated.

Kairon still does not start normally.

I'm going slightly frustating

Thank you for your patient
mehemptah
Site Admin

Post by mehemptah »

ok, then now i have questions:
1) if you open the "About Kairon" there is an exact Version String in it, please copy paste that
2) what is your mac os x version and on what mac
3) has kairon ever worked properly before and if so, how long ago was your last successful lauch of Kairon?
4) do you get any error message on launching Kairon
5) to what language is your macOS set?

alydar, if you call me admin, does that mean you want me to call you user?