where's the moon

Frequently Asked Questions, not answered in the tutorials. Häufig gestellte Fragen, die im Online Tutorium nicht beantwortet sind.
Lorel

where's the moon

Post by Lorel »

I just noticed that a chart I drew up does not show the transiting moon. It shows the natal moon. Is there something I should turn on?
Lorel
mehemptah
Site Admin

Post by mehemptah »

Yes, the moon :-)

You find it at Preferences > Points > P.H. <click on "Inner" and select "Transits">
--> This is the PopupMenue above the planets, it allows you to choose different sets of planets for different purposes. As the moon doesn't look nice on the graphic ephemeris output, i disabled it per default for the transits, and as i see this was also good to have this feature noticed 8)
Lorel

Post by Lorel »

If one is tracking eclipses it helps to be able to see the moon's position to get it right. :)

BTW, I'd like to see eclipses noted in a future update if that's possible.
Lorel
mehemptah
Site Admin

Post by mehemptah »

have you allready checked out the "E" tab?
it does various kinds of ecclipses and occultations and allows quite some settings. (for lunar eclipses first go to transits and set a location, befor you actually do the eclipse in the "E" tab... somehow the "set a location" abilty does not get turned on automatically... but whatever city is in there, will be used to display the eclipse time of that location.
generally, to see if a chart is showing a lunar eclipse you just need to check if sun is opposing the moon while the moon is conjunct one of the nodes... but this doesn't occur that often, especially not exactly.
Lorel

Post by Lorel »

Thanks for pointing out the eclipse button. However I was wondering if it could show up as a point on the chart. I have to draw them in all the time.
Lorel
mehemptah
Site Admin

Post by mehemptah »

i may be all wrong, but isn't the moon that point?
the moon itself is eclipsed at a certain time... so you would not need an additional point, as it appears to me, but rather an option to quickly switch either the transits or the chart itself to the date which was found by the eclipse function?
anyhow, if it was a specific point, it would be conjunct with the moon, as the moon is the object that is darkened and just by being darkened it doesn't change its position.
please correct me, if i don't get your point, i am feeling a bit confused right now :oops:
Lorel

Post by Lorel »

What I would like to see is for the eclipse point(s) to stay on the chart, not just at the time of the eclipse but weeks, months later. For instance I just had a very trying day when the sun reached the same point of this year's Eclipse in Feb opposite my Sun. I have to keep writing them in with every chart I draw up. Having the option so they would show up in every chart would really help. I hope that makes sense.
Lorel
mehemptah
Site Admin

Post by mehemptah »

ahhh... i felt there was more about it, great idea :D
... so... to get it right: you want the eclipse shown as an object of the inner wheel to see transits from the outer wheel on that point?
if so: probably it would need a setting like
- show last past eclipses: 3 color: red
- show future eclipses: 1 color: blue
but this seems like featuritis... would that be needed?
or would their be a need only for the last and the next or either of theese for the present date?
or should it always be for the date of the transits given? (sounds more reasonable, now that i am thinking about it)
Lorel

Post by Lorel »

Yes, put it in inner wheel so aspects to it will show up. I was thinking more of something I can turn on or off for each chart. I would like them to remain as long as they are effective, i.e., a solar for a year and a lunar for 6 months but this could be manually added/taken out.
Lorel