Request for "Manual"

Enter what you feel you would like to see implemented or changed in Kairon... your ideas will get implemented in some way or another, i will generally answer only to ask back, if something is not clear enough for my personal understanding... as my normal answer to feature requests is: "as soon as possible and thank you for your contribution" :)
hervaro

Request for "Manual"

Post by hervaro »

As I am currently more and more into traditional astrology, where arabian parts can be quite important (mostly in horary), I 'd love to understand how to teach Kairon which points how to calculate (youknow, differences about day- and nightcharts, the lot(s) :-)
The available information doesn't really help me, and Kairon seems to decide on its own what information to retain or not, and how to handle it.
It spooks me.
I am still on try-out modus, and not quite inclined to pay the fee for the fully working program, if this is not clearly explained in a manual (html or pdf or whatever).
So please folks, don't get lazy because there is no real competition on the mac-platform, but make Kairon simply the best in ALL respects and facets!

Herman
mehemptah
Site Admin

manual request

Post by mehemptah »

you can fully edit and add any number of arabian points. new points appear at the bottom of the list. You find out every detail about a point by selecting it from the list: there you see its three components and also by the checkbox you can see, wether the day/night change is taking place or not. If you want a point to change its behaviour, it must make its way from the scrollable list to the right to the non scrollable list to the left. You find the basical procedure in the asteroids tutorial.
I hope i will soon find the time to work out the tutorials in more detail, of course this is planned and i am behind my schedule. I am deeply sorry for that. The styles tab of the prefs then lets you choose any symbol or any combination of letters for any of your arabian points that have made it to the non scrollable list of a max of eleven points to the left. To save more arabian points with special symbols, you need to make more preference files. It is a good idea to have special purpose preference files, this allows you immediate switching in style for all kinds of purposes, not ony optical purposes but also purposes of choice of planets, points and asteroids...
Kilian