Tri wheels and such...

Enter what you feel you would like to see implemented or changed in Kairon... your ideas will get implemented in some way or another, i will generally answer only to ask back, if something is not clear enough for my personal understanding... as my normal answer to feature requests is: "as soon as possible and thank you for your contribution" :)
Mutunus

Tri wheels and such...

Post by Mutunus »

Hello Kilian!

I have a few suggestions:

1) Can you introduce a tri wheel containing natal,progressed, and transit wheels?

2) Can you modify the lists of Arabic Parts and fixed stars to be at NSTableView versus checkboxes? Perhaps you could add the checkboxes in the Tableview. please refer to <a href="http://www.astrosoftware.com/ArabicPartsW.htm">this</a> and <a href="http://www.astrosoftware.com/FixedStarW.htm">this</a>.

3) Can you add color to each planet in the linear transits so that they are more easily discernable where there paths intersect?

4) Can you add a planetary hour calculator/clock that updates to system time without any user interaction?

5)Can you allow Arabic Parts and Fixed stars to be named in printouts? Instead of 'F2' can it just say 'Sirius' in a very small font size or if it is too long could you nclude a legen at the bottom or a seperate printout page labelling and Identifying that F2 = Sirius ?

6) Can you place a play button that allows the motions of transits to move forward in the selected increment without any user interaction until they hit stop?

7) can you add antiscions and contra - antiscions? Refer <a href = "http://www.skyscript.co.uk/antiscia.html">here</a> for more info.

8) <b>BUG REPORT</b> When viewing a chart if I scroll with the scroll button the image gets all messed up.

We are trying to emulate <a href="http://www.astrosoftware.com/moreinfo.htm">this</a> program which is the best for PC's

I love Kairon! Thanks for offering it!
M
mehemptah
Site Admin

Post by mehemptah »

Hello Mutunus,

thank you for your suggestions.
You are lucky, suggestions 3 and 5 are basic features described in the tutorial. Any object can have any name and any color. At least this is all up to you.
About emulating PCs: i was told the new MacBooks can run both MacOSX and Windows.
You might try l'astrologue for point 6 to see why i don't see what is good about that suggestion.
Point 1 is an already planned feature and your good link about antiscions will definitely be of help to also speed up integrating these.
Sorry for 8, it is the first bug detected ever (by Kino) two years ago and as soon as i find a way to be able to avoid it i will... until then, please, compromise by not moving your fingers on the scroll wheel :-)

Best wishes,
Kilian
Mutunus

Thanks...

Post by Mutunus »

Kilian,

Thanks for such a prompt reply....

So many thanks to you!

Take care,
Mutunus
Mutunus

More on the fixed stars...

Post by Mutunus »

Kilian,

To clarify something that I wrote earlier...

Can you allow up to say twenty fixed stars in an NSTableView? Can you also have them not show in the aspect list/grid - as the fixed stars are only important in the angles and if they are in conjunction with a planet. This would allow me to view more of them in the chart.

Thanks,
M
gizmodio

Re: Tri wheels and such...

Post by gizmodio »

Bumping this back up for discussion. Any updates on support for tri-wheels?
Thank you!
sean
Mutunus wrote:Hello Kilian!

I have a few suggestions:

1) Can you introduce a tri wheel containing natal,progressed, and transit wheels?

M
mehemptah
Site Admin

Post by mehemptah »

it is so funny: i haven't ever done tri-wheels, because i wondered how to draw the aspects... yet... tri-wheels don't have any, do they?
gizmodio

Post by gizmodio »

I have not seen any tri-wheels, or quad-wheels for that matter with aspects drawn on the wheel. I think it'd be kind of messy, actually. There's so much information conveyed in such a small amount of space.
mehemptah
Site Admin

Post by mehemptah »

anyways, the moment there will be multiwheels, there will be multicomposite and multicombine charts as well (they are way easier to read) :-)
mehemptah
Site Admin

Post by mehemptah »

soon, Tri-Wheels has made it to the top of the list already and next year a big new update should come out :D
monkeybrainsushi

Re: Tri wheels and such...

Post by monkeybrainsushi »

I'd love that, tri-wheels.. Not sure aspect lines are needed.. tables are sufficient alongside looking at a chart: we make the lines in our heads ,0)