Improvements....

Enter what you feel you would like to see implemented or changed in Kairon... your ideas will get implemented in some way or another, i will generally answer only to ask back, if something is not clear enough for my personal understanding... as my normal answer to feature requests is: "as soon as possible and thank you for your contribution" :)
Nick

Improvements....

Post by Nick »

Hello Kairon users and Killian

I'd like to repeat that this software is absolutely fantastic - it beats other Mac products hands-down when it comes to the appearance of the charts and just clarity of presentation. I use it with a projector and people always comment on the beauty of the presentation on the big screen.

However, mindful of the constant need for improvement, I thought I'd make some suggestions of things that I'd like to see in the next version (v4.0?)

1. When you open the preferences dialog box (for example to turn chart points on and off) it would be good to keep the preferences dialog box open, even after you click OK - so you could just re-position it on the screen somewhere (for users with a large screen)

2. Progressions should be able to be calculated for any moment in time, not just in steps of years.

3. There is a problem with the location selection in the TimeMachine function. It seems to default to the default location, when it would be more useful to default to the location of the chart which you are moving back or forward in time. If you don't notice this, you can be quite confused for a while until you work out what's happened.

4. It would be nice for dates in the old-style calendar (Julian) to automatically be calculated as such, rather than having to select the appropriate calendar.

5. Declinations would be nice.

6. I suggested this before, and it may be a bit too complicated, but it would be a stunning feature it you could do it - a 'time-tunnel' instead of a graphic ephemeris, fading back into the screen as a function of fading back into the past... There is something a little like this on Astrodienst, but it could be cleaned up and made more visually attractive.

7. Midpoint trees sould be useful.

8. It would be nice to automatically calculate charts for mundane events like aries ingresses, cancer ingresses etc., but also outer planet sign ingresses - i just calculate these by trial and error at present. Has anyone looked at the Pluto-Libra ingress chart? It is stunning - these will be the next generation of revolutionary peace-makers, man...

Well there's my wish-list anyway! Good luck with the next version and thanks again for this superb software....

Nick
kritikainanaliza

Post by kritikainanaliza »

Hi,

I do agree with Nick (specialy on 1. and 2. request).
About 1.: in the Kairon 2.19 there was convenient menu to chose aspects display (like 9th, 7th, 5th harmonics). Floating tool box with small buttons: 2nd, 4th, 8th
3rd, 6th, 12th
5th, 7th, 9th
would be a killer.

To Nick's wishfull list I would add one more wish: scan natal objects to detect aspects with passing objects without ANY steps so that one would get just the times when aspects are exact.

If wish above is to demanding I have also one small and easy wish: to have conjuction line a bit thicker. Actualy when planets are very close together the small line between them should grow in the big blob.

Many thanks!
Janez
rodsmith

Post by rodsmith »

Hi Nick,

I agree with most of your wishlist, however point 4 presents some real problems.

England did not adopt the Gregorian calndar until the 16th century, and Russia waited until 1918

This site says it better than I can

http://www.dome-igm.com/convers.htm

You have to physically read the historical data in many countries to work out which calendar to use, and you have to hope that the writer was interested enough to make it clear.

The ability to manually toggle the two allows you to compare your findings with the work of others.

Software that makes the calculation automatically will produce errant charts in many cases, unless you can find out when they set the Gregorian adjustment and alter your data to suit.

Take Care

Rod