Interface and Usability

Enter what you feel you would like to see implemented or changed in Kairon... your ideas will get implemented in some way or another, i will generally answer only to ask back, if something is not clear enough for my personal understanding... as my normal answer to feature requests is: "as soon as possible and thank you for your contribution" :)
antares

Interface and Usability

Post by antares »

Thank you for the good work! Here are some suggestions for further improvement:

===========
MUST
===========
- Allow to hide the seconds for house cusps, mainly because if the houses are very narrow they overlap and we cannot see the degree or minute of adjacent cusps
- Display incepted sign glyphs in US-WHEEL 1 and 2
- Provide a text search function within a file and across files. It will be very difficult to manage large number of charts without a search function.
- Allow the possibility to display a three-digit abbreviation code for Arabian parts, stars, etc. instead of F1, A1, etc.

===========
NICE TO HAVE
===========
- Allow to apply individual color to sign glyph independently of planet glyph and degree/minute/second text
- Allow to hide the ring with house numbers in the chart center
- Allow to hide the line connecting the planet glyph to the corresponding degree on the outer ring
- Allow the possibility to create an outer ring to the chart where the outer planets, stars and arabian parts can be placed instead of displaying them in the main chart area
- Provide more wheel options and allow more color, line thickness and positioning customization
mehemptah
Site Admin

Post by mehemptah »

hello antares,
thank you for your suggestions.

ad 1) to hide the seconds in the us-wheel is good, i will sure change this, i just never had a chart with such narrow houses yet, otherwise i would have thought of that myself.

ad2) what do you mean by incepted sign-glyphs? what's wrong with the existing ones? to even understand the word "incepted": is this "beginning"?
but then what is a "beginning glyph"?

ad3) sure, this is one of the major plans, it really is not easy to have many charts in one file. The feature with multiple files just grew from the idea to organize charts in logical groups, but from that was born the idea to have databases, too...

ad4) this has ever been possible, since the very first version of Kairon 3:
please, follow the styles tutorial at http://kairon.cc

Again, thanks for your suggestions, regards
kritikainanaliza

Post by kritikainanaliza »

ad3) sure, this is one of the major plans, it really is not easy to have many charts in one file. The feature with multiple files just grew from the idea to organize charts in logical groups, but from that was born the idea to have databases, too...
Search function is already built in Kairon, though only on Text/AAF-File page. My approach to efficency:
1. open huge MasterFile with hundreds of records,
2. do a search in AAF-File window,
3. copy&paste two lines of AAF data into new empty file.

But sure there should be easier way to database manipulation. For example iTunes player has perfect Filter/Search/Sort functionality...

I also wish I could sort all of the records not only by alphabet but also by Chart factors like: Sort by Ascendent, sort by Jupiter position etc.

Are there any chances for Kairon to include "#LPOS:" field in AAF file?

#A93:Chagall,Marc,m,7.7.1878,15:00,Vitebsk,WRS
#B93:2407173.041157,55n12,30e11,2e00:44,m
#COM:Frz. Maler und Grafiker,Illustrator, Buehnenbildner
#LPOS:AC10SC55:24,MC29LE02:10
#HPOS:PL,*,09SG30:18,17CP45:14,*,01LI03:01,23LI56:20
#LPOS:SO15CN12:59,MO17LI46:40,ME18CN47:43,VE08GE00:12,
MA09LE06:09,JU04AQ27:59,SA02AR52:03,UR27LE06:55,
NE09TA27:39,PL26TA03:31,NN14AQ42:50

Best regards!
Janez