symbol key for aspects.

Enter what you feel you would like to see implemented or changed in Kairon... your ideas will get implemented in some way or another, i will generally answer only to ask back, if something is not clear enough for my personal understanding... as my normal answer to feature requests is: "as soon as possible and thank you for your contribution" :)
copperweaver

symbol key for aspects.

Post by copperweaver »

I would like a menu option to display and print out a labeled symbol key for all the aspects.
mehemptah
Site Admin

Post by mehemptah »

do you mean those overlapping symbols centered on the aspect lines that totally distort the feeling for the aspects graphical dynamics by interrupting all the flow by translating the graphics to the left brainside?
if so: wouldn't a systematical listing of the aspects along with a dispositor chain be better for that same purpose?
please take this question seriously, i am really asking, not trying to state something: everybody is different, so am i, yet i am incredibly willing to learn and also eager to serve :roll:
copperweaver

Post by copperweaver »

MehemPtah wrote:do you mean those overlapping symbols centered on the aspect lines that totally distort the feeling for the aspects graphical dynamics by interrupting all the flow by translating the graphics to the left brainside?
I think I had something else in mind, but I like this idea you are proposing below.
MehemPtah wrote:if so: wouldn't a systematical listing of the aspects along with a dispositor chain be better for that same purpose?
I was interested in a very basic non-dynamic key that labels each visual aspect glyph. A picture or glyph of a conjunction symbol would be labeled conjunction etc.... My main reason for wanting a key like this is to share aspect grids with fellow astrologers who may not be familiar with many of the glyphs for minor aspects like the decile, novile, etc.... Ideally a working astrologer will have memorized the names of each glyph, but it can be helpful to have a visual reference....

I was able to make this visual aspect glyph key using an external word processor.

Thanks for getting back to me. I love this software and appreciate the time and energy you have put in to it.
mehemptah
Site Admin

Post by mehemptah »

hmm... sounds like you are talking about changeing the symbols for the aspect-symbols shown in the grid?
you can use any symbol of any font of your choice for any given aspect, you are totally free in this respect and also have ever been so.
(details are in the styles tutorial)
[or am i still misunderstanding your idea?]
copperweaver

Post by copperweaver »

What I was looking for and trying to describe is like the legend or key of a Map that tells the user what the symbols represent. I was looking for a list that included the glyph symbol of the aspect and a word label that tells what the aspect glyph represents....

I wanted this list or key so someone who has never seen the symbol for a Septile or other obscure aspect, would know what the glyph represents when the are looking at the aspect.

After thinking about it, I think your software is fine without this list. I was able to produce this symbol key on my own in less than 10 minuets, and as you noted, the user has the ability of defining what symbols are used when drawing the chart.

I do think a symbol key for the glyphs used in Kairon would be a valuable reference document to include with your software.
mehemptah
Site Admin

Post by mehemptah »

oh.. now i got it.. like Kairon 2.19 has it :D
(and yes, i should never have skipped such basic things, it is actually a must, sorry for that)