Mid points

Enter what you feel you would like to see implemented or changed in Kairon... your ideas will get implemented in some way or another, i will generally answer only to ask back, if something is not clear enough for my personal understanding... as my normal answer to feature requests is: "as soon as possible and thank you for your contribution" :)
arun

Mid points

Post by arun »

Dear Kairon,

It would be great to be able to chose to display mid points like for arabic part ... isn't it ?

Thanks

arun
kritikainanaliza

Post by kritikainanaliza »

Dear Kilian,

I tested and compared all (PC&Mac) pro astrology programs my friends use and Kairon is sure winner in many important categories:

Ease of use - nice logical layout of controls. When one goes to deep level complicated things like: adding new city or changing glyph color or setting unique orbs (it took me years to realise that percentage can go from 100% not only down to 0% but down to -100%)... the inexperienced user can be confused, but for all normal day stuff Kairon is cleaner and faster than any other astrology program.

Readable graphics - picture paints a many words and when I exchange printouts with my colleagues, while I have problems reading their prints, they never complain about mine. Usually they comment: "Hey nice, which program do you use?" and my wicked reply is: "Sorry, there is no Kairon on Windows..."

Aspect choker - this unbelievably useful feature is also most unique. No other program has a tool which would help so much in shifting perception from whole picture to important part. This Aspect Choker makes me wonder if we can have more of it. Maybe "Points Choker" to select which points to display; a slider which would start with only Sun/Moon/Asc then include planets one by one by their distance from the Sun; then include Vertex, Lilith, Asteroids, Kentaurs etc.
Then Arabic Parts and Midpoints, because there are so many of them, would probably deserve Choker slider on their own. But here lies another problem: anyone seriously working with Arabic Parts or Midpoints would consider selection of only ten points not big enough while too many points make charts unreadable. Slider which would choke through list of hundred Midpoints sorted by importance would be a solution. Another solution for this many points would be to display only small dots (maybe even on the outer rim of the zodiac), big enough to mouse over, and only while mouse is on top of them, program would display the point name, formula (eg:"Cucumbers&Melons = Asc+Saturn-Mercury" or "Sun/Moon midpoint") and aspects to it. (Generally all astrology programs are traditionally non interactive, only web based services offer some kind of interactive charts.)
I do not work much with Fixed stars but when I do, I would prefer not to have exclusive selection of Fixed stars, but dynamic selection of those which are in conjunction with Planets or other Personal points. And I can imagine another Choker slider which would set the conjunction orb for Fixed Stars display.

I hope Aspect choker idea will have some offsprings in new generation of Kairon.

Best to all!

Janez