port Kairon to iphone?

Enter what you feel you would like to see implemented or changed in Kairon... your ideas will get implemented in some way or another, i will generally answer only to ask back, if something is not clear enough for my personal understanding... as my normal answer to feature requests is: "as soon as possible and thank you for your contribution" :)
mtwo

port Kairon to iphone?

Post by mtwo »

When apple makes developer kits available for the iphone, will you consider porting Kairon to the iphone?
mehemptah
Site Admin

Post by mehemptah »

what a lovely idea :-)
yet, porting a 1024-by-768-pixel resolution app to 480-by-320-pixel resolution at 163 ppi optically means to come out with unreadable graphics, like:
and:
so no interface elements can be used and also not the original graphics as they are right now... it all has to be completely changed... not just ported.
Did i mention already that i have no iPhone of my own?
But then still, at least a dramatically shrinked version of Kairon could be thought of on such kind of screens...
which features would you be thinking of, i wonder?
mtwo

Kairon Port to Iphone

Post by mtwo »

The notion of porting, Kairon to the Iphone, occured to me after seeing SolarFire's Windows's Mobile port with their Abbracadbra program.
I don't particularly care for Windows or Windows mobile, but to see a barebones version of Solar Fire on a phone/pda device like a HTC (the number escapes me) made me almost, consider getting one of those things just for that program alone.
I called the IO people and they said that they were waiting for the developer kits to come out for the iphone.
Alternatively, and this idea may reflect what little if anything I know about programming, what about porting Kairon to the new Google phone?
As far as features that would be desired in a perfect world, the ability to cast charts, do transits, progressions, bi wheels, tri wheels would be really great.
M
Alejandro Luna

Re: Kairon Port to Iphone

Post by Alejandro Luna »

I found in the App Store for iPhone this soft:
Centaur Astrology
http://www.uquery.com/apps/327750681

We are waiting for iKairon !!!

:D

Best Regards
mehemptah
Site Admin

Post by mehemptah »

cool!!!
you guessed the name i gave it :-)

iKairon 1.0 will soon be online, i hope, at least it is already bugfree and calculations are 100% identical to the full version on IntelMacs 8)

thank you for asking
Alejandro Luna

iKairon

Post by Alejandro Luna »

What a good new!!!
Thanks Kilian and my best regards from Argentina.

Alejandro
mehemptah
Site Admin

native speaker wanted

Post by mehemptah »

anybody native interested in having a look at iKairon 1.0 english wordings before i put it out for public?
(you all know, my english can be rather clumsy at times... so here is your chance to save the world from that)
:twisted:
mehemptah
Site Admin

Finally

Post by mehemptah »

iKairon is out now,
you find it at the http://kairon.cc/iKairon Website and from within your Applications Button of your iPhone by searching for Kairon.
8)