Progressions

Enter what you feel you would like to see implemented or changed in Kairon... your ideas will get implemented in some way or another, i will generally answer only to ask back, if something is not clear enough for my personal understanding... as my normal answer to feature requests is: "as soon as possible and thank you for your contribution" :)
Nick

Progressions

Post by Nick »

Hi everyone
The progressions module could do with some improvements.
Firstly, it seems to stop after 144 years (either direct or converse) - why is this?
Secondly, is it possible to apply progressions that are fractions of a year?
Thank you
Nick
mehemptah
Site Admin

Progressions

Post by mehemptah »

the switching after 144 years is to remind people of common lifetime restrictions, but any value can be entered directly without the stepper if the entry is followed by hitting the return key. I did not think about the possiblity of doing progressions also for a city: is it this why you are asking?
yes, there is only year tracking for progressions and directions until now. this, because a thing does not just happen in the second when an aspect is exact. probably i did this a bit to calm down hypochondrical behaviour: a maybe future might happen or not, and past events already have their date... so i thought this would not narrow down intuition that much as exact data might do. it was not done thoughtlessly, but my thoughts on this may have been inappropriate.
can you explain your demand a bit more to give me a clearer view about how to improve this feature? what would be your ideal vision of it and for what purpose?
Nick

Post by Nick »

Yes indeed I like to do progressions (and other predictive techniques) for all sorts of entities, mostly mundane things like countries or cities. Also, to progress to exactly the correct age helps enormously - the more accuracy the better. I have no particular preconceptions regarding the meaning of progressions or directions - but having better accuracy is always better in my view, no matter what the age.
Regards
Nick
mehemptah
Site Admin

we're lucky

Post by mehemptah »

i see, so we are all lucky to soon welcome the new features .. . (you convinced me)*