Tao aspect?

This is the old FAQ vor Versions 3.0 - 3.5.12
For full support please download and install Kairon 3.6 and ask your questions into the new FAQ
Das ist das alte FAQ für Versionen 3.0-3.5.12
Für vollen Support bitte Kairon 3.6 herunterladen und installieren und Fragen dann ins neue FAQ für 3.6 posten. Eine Fortführung des alten FAQ würde hier nur verwirren.
poetwarrior

Tao aspect?

Post by poetwarrior »

Since I have never heard of this aspect until I noticed in in the Kairon preferences (I have v 3.5 for Mac OSX), what exactly is the Tao aspect? Is this a different spelling for the Tau aspect (known as the t-cross)?

All my Internet searches have proven fruitless, so this is pretty much the only way I can find out about this.
mehemptah
Site Admin

Post by mehemptah »

no, the Tao-Aspect is not an Aspect-Figure like the T-Cross but an Angle of 165°. Aspects in Kairon's Preference field are ordered by angle, btw. The word Tao seems to be the chinese word of Lao Tse's Tao Te King also spelled Dao de ging and the like. Of course it would be a full misunderstanding of Lao Tse's writing to asume he had meant an astrological aspect, but maybe some similarity was seen by someone somehow... :-)
poetwarrior

Post by poetwarrior »

Through another astrology discussion board, I found out that the "Tao" aspect is actually the quindecile aspect (15 degrees shy of an opposition). Once that was cleared up, the only question that remains for me is why an aspect that already exists was given a different name in the Kairon software.

The main question some had for me was why such a wonderful name as "Tao" was linked to a difficult and "unbalanced" aspect such as the quindecile. To me, that mystery still remains.
mehemptah
Site Admin

Post by mehemptah »

yes, i see what you mean, that's it. i was asked to implement Tao and Bilin Aspect by two users of Kairon, so i did some research to find out what Tao and Bilin Aspects are from a technical point of view. In German Literature you find these names with the degrees 75 for Bilin and 165 for Tao. You can rename them in the preferences styles tab, for your personal use. Kairon has neither any forcing names, nor forcing interpretations nor forcing symbols. it is most important to me to stay with the facts, interpretation and naming is something personal and has to do with personal past, personal insight, personal associations... stay free from all this :!: