Setting default place

This is the old FAQ vor Versions 3.0 - 3.5.12
For full support please download and install Kairon 3.6 and ask your questions into the new FAQ
Das ist das alte FAQ für Versionen 3.0-3.5.12
Für vollen Support bitte Kairon 3.6 herunterladen und installieren und Fragen dann ins neue FAQ für 3.6 posten. Eine Fortführung des alten FAQ würde hier nur verwirren.
wendyh

Setting default place

Post by wendyh »

When opening a new file, the default comes up with the present moment with "at default place" in the Last name box.

Is it possible to set a default place to eg. my present location, so that every time I open a new Kairon file the default is a chart for the present moment at my present location?
George Orwell

Post by George Orwell »

Hello Wendy

All good questions - i can't see a way to do it, would expect to see it in the preferences.

My feeling is the software seems pretty good, look gorgeous, just a bit of roughness at the edges, you have pointed out some, I can't get my changes to the interpretation texts to be saved reliably, all shouldn't be too difficult to sort, fingers crossed. (would be quite nice to have the occasional bits of german edited out (charming though that language is)

From the board it looks like the author is usually pretty good at responding, so perhaps they are away at the moment.

'George'
wendyh

Post by wendyh »

Thanks for the response 1984!

Yes I very much like the look of the software too, and am having a great time exploring its capabilities. I have an unfortunate/fortunate knack for finding the kinks though (put to good use as a beta tester for various other speciallist software) ... Virgo Asc :roll:

Best
Wendy
mehemptah
Site Admin

Post by mehemptah »

setting a default place at present can only be done indirectly by setting a default chart. There is on glitch about it: daylight saving times are only calculated if a location is taken from the atlas. Once the location is already saved into a chart, it uses the settings it shows and does not compare them to tha date. setting a default chart is done in the preferences.
wendyh

Post by wendyh »

OK. I'd figured that perhaps the default chart was the only obvious way to do it. It might be nice to have the feature to separately set a default location at some point in the future? :D
mehemptah
Site Admin

Post by mehemptah »

yes.