'Twas long ago...an ancient time.....

This is the old FAQ vor Versions 3.0 - 3.5.12
For full support please download and install Kairon 3.6 and ask your questions into the new FAQ
Das ist das alte FAQ für Versionen 3.0-3.5.12
Für vollen Support bitte Kairon 3.6 herunterladen und installieren und Fragen dann ins neue FAQ für 3.6 posten. Eine Fortführung des alten FAQ würde hier nur verwirren.
Suz

'Twas long ago...an ancient time.....

Post by Suz »

Hi...

My curiosity has peaked...

...so now I want to take a peekaboo with the way-way back machine to thousands of years BC ago...

How do I go about doing this? I want to go to 4004 BC

Suz

P.S. Hi, Kilian *waves* :)
mehemptah
Site Admin

Ephemeris Range of the Swiss Ephemeris

Post by mehemptah »

reHi,
there are not all planets and asteroids available back that far.
Asteroids generally can be used from 3000 BC – 3000 AD while Astrodienst has extended the timespan of the JPL ephemeris for the main planets by numerical integration, so that Swiss Ephemeris covers the years 5400 BC to 5400 AD, a total of 10'800 years. For this extended timespan the ephemeris requires 32 Mbytes of ephemeris files. You can download all ephemeris files for free from www.astro.ch or you can buy the Kairon CD that has an Installer option to install the full time range for the main Planets.
If you choose to download, go to ftp://ftp.astro.com/pub/swisseph/ephe/ and drag the files you need as clearly described in the table of point 2.1.1 1. from http://www.astro.com/swisseph/swisseph. ... c129145840 into the "SwissEphemeris" folder that is in your Kairon folder in the Applications folder.
The moment these files are at their location, Kairon can already use them.
Best wishes and take care,
Kilian
Suz

Post by Suz »

Thanks for the tip. :-)