Blank radix

This is the old FAQ vor Versions 3.0 - 3.5.12
For full support please download and install Kairon 3.6 and ask your questions into the new FAQ
Das ist das alte FAQ für Versionen 3.0-3.5.12
Für vollen Support bitte Kairon 3.6 herunterladen und installieren und Fragen dann ins neue FAQ für 3.6 posten. Eine Fortführung des alten FAQ würde hier nur verwirren.
Phil

Blank radix

Post by Phil »

Dear MehemPtah

Thank you for your quick reply.

I tried out all your solutions, but without any improvement.

1. The font seems to be ok. I even trashed the old font (but I kept a copy on a zip-disc)
2. The Kairon program is in the application folder (and has always been).
3. I have a problem with the extended atlas. But I didn't have any problems until I wanted to use Kairon last weekend. When Kairon decided to draw blank charts only.
So I removed all of my Kairon programs (I saved them on the zip disc), and the two preference files, and reinstalled everything from your site using my passwords. The program was installed but, at no time, it gave me the possibility to install the extended atles before installing Kairon.

I tried Kairon and nothing had changed: I have the information of the grid (symbols, planets and aspects) BUT STILL no planets, aspects or the numbers of the houses on the chart.
I've tried to print the Chart but I get an error message.
I've tried to save it as a pdf file I still get an error message.
I can't even capture my screen when I select the Grab-tool.
In the preference panel the Default button not only doesn't work but, when it is selected, it blocks the whole preference panel.
In the "drawer" on the right side of the screen "Comments" works, but "Houses" and "Objects" behave erratically. They don't work or don't give any results.

I've also tried to download a trial copy, but I get the same symptoms.

And finally the blank chart takes quite a long time to be displayed. I get the impression I have to click a second time to have the chart.

So what am I supposed to do ?

For your information, I work on a Mac, PowerPC G5 2GHz, Mac OS10.3.9.

Please help !

Phil
mehemptah
Site Admin

blank radix

Post by mehemptah »

Dear Phil,
what happens if now you delete the file "com.Kairon.Kairon35_X.plist" (use spotlight to find it) and start Kairon again? (Select the Mini Atlas before trying to draw a chart).
Take care,
Kilian
Phil

Post by Phil »

Dear MenemPtah,

I tried out your suggestion of withdrawing the .plist file.

There's no improvement. I can send you a copy of the captured screen on your e-mail if you wish.

There must be another bug hiding somewhere.

Hope we manage to eradicate it.

Best wishes for both of us.

Phil
mehemptah
Site Admin

mail

Post by mehemptah »

Dear Phil, yes, please, mail me the following screenshots:
- hierarchical list view of all kairon folder contents
- a screenshot of kairon's atlas window
- whatever you think looks unusual or could be of help (eg any error message you can produce)
once we have the solution i will sum it up and post it in this thread :-)
as Kairon already worked on your Mac it is not a question of Kairon or of your Mac but of a change that took place somehow...
curius greetings,
Kilian
mehemptah
Site Admin

Final Solution :-)

Post by mehemptah »

To complete this thread i past here the summary i got via email, after all was fine again:
Eureka !!!

I enabled some fonts and... there was my good old Kairon back.

At first sight everything seems to work (chart, preference etc..., I haven't checked the printer yet).

But which one was the culprit ?

I re-enabled Times, and disabled it again. And guess what. Without Times everything goes bust.

Thanks a lot for your support.
regards,
Kilian