Launches, but doesn't run

This is the old FAQ vor Versions 3.0 - 3.5.12
For full support please download and install Kairon 3.6 and ask your questions into the new FAQ
Das ist das alte FAQ für Versionen 3.0-3.5.12
Für vollen Support bitte Kairon 3.6 herunterladen und installieren und Fragen dann ins neue FAQ für 3.6 posten. Eine Fortführung des alten FAQ würde hier nur verwirren.
bdawson

Launches, but doesn't run

Post by bdawson »

I have installed Kairon for the first time. I have not moved or modified it in any way. The program launches, but nothing is displayed. Selecting "New" from the File menu does nothing either.

Using OSX 10.3.4, 800 MHz iBook G4, 640 MB RAM,

Any ideas?
Today is my day off.
mehemptah
Site Admin

my fault

Post by mehemptah »

i deleted the preference file def.Kair when i created the new installer an hour ago... so, i will immediately replace it, but for you to get it run: just doubleklick one of the three preference files in your folder kPref in the Kairon folder .. . best use def_us.Kair. Doubleclicking a preference file will set it as default file.

the corrected version is online now... :oops:
bdawson

Re: my fault

Post by bdawson »

MehemPtah wrote:i deleted the preference file def.Kair when i created the new installer an hour ago... so, i will immediately replace it, but for you to get it run: just doubleklick one of the three preference files in your folder kPref in the Kairon folder .. . best use def_us.Kair. Doubleclicking a preference file will set it as default file.

the corrected version is online now... :oops:
That did it! Thanks.

But now I'm lost, not being a student of astrology I don't know what half of this stuff means (or does) and I can't find a way to enter Los Angeles, CA as a city. The list seems very buggy.

I guess I get 29 more tries to figure it out. :)
Today is my day off.
mehemptah
Site Admin

unusual but effective?

Post by mehemptah »

You can reduce your time trying if you select the first online tutorial, it is really essential. That, because Kairon uses documents with more than one chart entry each, which makes the learning curve a bit steep but opens some really wonderful possibilities as regards safety of data (very hard to accidentally overwrite them) and speed of usage (chart selections via menus rather via the finder). These Tutorials are also available via the Kairon help. Unfortunately i am still editing them a bit here and a bit there, so they are online tutorials and an internet connection is needed. This will change.
I have no idea how you can have difficulties to find los angeles with the atlas..., it appears if only you enter three letters "los" into the search field and you can even choose among County Hospital, Harbour General Hospital and the City by itself... all in California.
But i am eager to further improve everything, so your experience can help me a lot!
Astrology itself is as comprehensive as if you would study any subject at some university. It generally takes many years to find a point when you feel save with it, and then you start reallizing how much there is actually to be known.
Soon future Versions of Kairon will get more "educational", there will be infos on planets and asteroids available from inside the application and you will be able to edit them in relation to your study of books and in relation to your experience .. 8)
Right now it is more focused on calculation and graphics than on the knowledge part. It is just a question of request and of time to make ends meet.