Font issue

This is the old FAQ vor Versions 3.0 - 3.5.12
For full support please download and install Kairon 3.6 and ask your questions into the new FAQ
Das ist das alte FAQ für Versionen 3.0-3.5.12
Für vollen Support bitte Kairon 3.6 herunterladen und installieren und Fragen dann ins neue FAQ für 3.6 posten. Eine Fortführung des alten FAQ würde hier nur verwirren.
Semidivine

Font issue

Post by Semidivine »

I just installed the demo, and in the installation window it mentioned something about enabling the Kairon font before using the application. After installation the font was in my /Library/Fonts/ folder like it should be, and I opened up Suitcase and the font appeared to be already in my list of system fonts, so I didn't do anything with Suitcase, I just opened up the app and started demo-ing it. Everything looked fine until I started changing the default colors for the aspects and that changed the symbol for the aspect to a letter... obviously a font issue.

I went back to Suitcase and it doesn't appear to give me an option to "enable" a font that's already in my system fonts, so i don't know exactly what to do. Can anyone help?

Thanks!
mehemptah
Site Admin

font issue

Post by mehemptah »

kairon allows you not only to change the color for a symbol, but also the font of a symbol. please have a close look at the styles tutorial and you find your exact answer to how and why the symbols have turned into letters :-)
(but it got nothing to do with either suitcase or your system)
regards,
Kilian
rodsmith

font issue / styles palette

Post by rodsmith »

Just adding a little to the discussion here.

I have had the same problem in the styles menu, (It seems to default to Helvetica for reasons better known to the Universe) and here is my workaround.

Step 1: Before changing anything in the styles menu, open the fonts window and select the appropriate font-Kairon Semiserif-.

Step 2: check that kairon has the correct font selected in the styles menu

Step 3: click the "display characters" button and observe said characters. (make them larger in the fonts window if needed)

Step 4: if the characters displayed are not the Kairon characters, repeat steps 1-3

Having done that, your styles alterations should take effect as you intend them to.