finding auspicious fimes

This is the old FAQ vor Versions 3.0 - 3.5.12
For full support please download and install Kairon 3.6 and ask your questions into the new FAQ
Das ist das alte FAQ für Versionen 3.0-3.5.12
Für vollen Support bitte Kairon 3.6 herunterladen und installieren und Fragen dann ins neue FAQ für 3.6 posten. Eine Fortführung des alten FAQ würde hier nur verwirren.
harry101

finding auspicious fimes

Post by harry101 »

I use Kairon with a greyscale laser printer, in a very simple way: mostly to check for upcoming auspicious times (when a benefic is angular). I use these times to schedule new things.

The easiest way to do this that I have found is to find these times by trial and error and print charts out for instant quick reference as needed. I can do this when I am in a mood not to think. Perhaps one day Kairon will have "Find" and "Find again" buttons for when a certain body will be angular, to further streamline this task, but even now, to do this manually for the waking hours in a coming month takes just a couple of hours after practice but the printout will be, say 150 pages.

Later, when I want to concentrate, I make notes on the printouts to differentiate them from each other.

Recycling paper that is already printed on one side means there is no paper problem. I have two difficulties, though:
- making part of the printout darker (the table of positions of planetary bodies) and
- lightening other parts to save ink.

I need to be able to:
- consult the table of positions of planetary bodies at a glance. This tells me what other bodies are angular and what other info to take into account.
- make my own quick notes on the radix.
- consult the table of aspects only occasionally.
- lighten all lines and symbols I don't use frequently to save printer toner.

All this means that on Kairon's printouts, I need to:
- darken the table of positions of planetary bodies for consulting it more easily at a glance.
- lighten the aspect lines on the radix. (I draw extra on the radix in coloured biro.)
- show fewer aspect lines on the radix than on the aspect table.
- lighten the symbol of each planetary body in a different way in the list of aspects from in the radix, to save ink.

I have not found a way to do these things. Any suggestions?

For the sake of printing, is there a way to simplify preferences so that only greyscale values are shown, not colours? (The colours look fantastic on-screen, though.)
Mac G4 400
896 MB RAM