How best to save files?

This is the old FAQ vor Versions 3.0 - 3.5.12
For full support please download and install Kairon 3.6 and ask your questions into the new FAQ
Das ist das alte FAQ für Versionen 3.0-3.5.12
Für vollen Support bitte Kairon 3.6 herunterladen und installieren und Fragen dann ins neue FAQ für 3.6 posten. Eine Fortführung des alten FAQ würde hier nur verwirren.
HouseMouse

How best to save files?

Post by HouseMouse »

I am curious as to how best to save my entered files. I have looked through the online tutorials, but am wondering what the best way to do this might be.

Any ideas are welcome.
mehemptah
Site Admin

how to best save files

Post by mehemptah »

from my personal experience i prefer to save files in correleating groups, like family names, trades, whatever corresponds. it is then easy, using Kairon 3.5, to import one file into another, work with that but not saving it will leave both unchanged.
especially doing comparison charts like synastries, composites, combines suggests this approach.
i would love to read about other approaches, here, too.
Kilian
kritikainanaliza

Post by kritikainanaliza »

Dear Kilian,

grouping data by family name etc is not convenient for my purposes. The best solution would be posibility to compare data from different files (from those which are opened at the moment).

In synastry mode (friends method) I dream of pop up menu to choose file and then +/- buttons to step through different entries. I must stress I hate large popup menues (stress is in my wrist). Copy&Paste AAF solution works but it is time consuming and again too many clicks and drags when there are whole groups to compare.

All the best!
Janez
mehemptah
Site Admin

large lists

Post by mehemptah »

dear Janez,

you can save single chart files as well and use the import command from the file menu to adjust tini lists... effortly speaking it is same like your suggestion, just more versatile.

sincerely,
kilian
kritikainanaliza

Post by kritikainanaliza »

dear Kilian,

many thanks again. Kairon 3.5 is just awesome.

Import command sure works and I am using it to this purposes. The only trick is to Save files at the right moment. I"ll have to concentrate more on this.

Spring time will help me sorting and organizing my files. We live in chaotic world and it seems some chaos will always remain on my hard drive.

What about multiple files import? Like Shift-Click (or Command-Click) in Import File(s) dialog.

I hope you enjoy this beautifull new moon.
Best!
Janez
mehemptah
Site Admin

multiple files import

Post by mehemptah »

multiple files import is locked because i was originally of the opinion that multiple multiple file import was one "multiple" too much, but to think of it that there are single files imported in bunch into one multiple file list is something to reconsider :-)
a good feature request for Kairon 4
Thanks for the idea, ....
All the best,
Kilian