Horary version

This is the old FAQ vor Versions 3.0 - 3.5.12
For full support please download and install Kairon 3.6 and ask your questions into the new FAQ
Das ist das alte FAQ für Versionen 3.0-3.5.12
Für vollen Support bitte Kairon 3.6 herunterladen und installieren und Fragen dann ins neue FAQ für 3.6 posten. Eine Fortführung des alten FAQ würde hier nur verwirren.
pankajdubey

Horary version

Post by pankajdubey »

Hi,
I am a recent switcher to the MAc world.

I was wondering if the horary dignities like in Astrowin 1.6 can be added to Kairon 3.
Main ones I would be interested in :
1.Moon Void of course.
2.Triplicites, Term and Face of the seven Traditional rulers.
3.Almutens

even an applescript programme that works on the extracted data from Kairon would be helpful.

Thanks

Pankaj :roll:
mehemptah
Site Admin

Re: Horary version

Post by mehemptah »

horary dignities are of course planned and will be implemented soon, like more :)

1.Moon Void of course.

- i admit i should know what this is, but i admit i don't ... can you tell me?

3.Almutens

- you find both 2. and 3. in the beta http://kilian.stern.net/Kairon35Beta.zip which is not 100% finished yet but fully functional and apparently bug-free

i hope i can soon finish the beta and actually release it!
pankajdubey

Post by pankajdubey »

MehemPtah wrote:horary dignities are of course planned and will be implemented soon, like more :)

1.Moon Void of course.

Thanks for your reply. I wasnot aware of the beta version.
Moon VOC is simple- at least the modern version.
Moon is void in sign when it makes no futher aspect to another planet while in being that sign. So, if the last apect the Moon makes in Virgo is *gender* to saturn , then it will be void of course in Viirgo till it goes into Libra.

So, when a horary chart is drawn all that the program has to tell that moon is void of course(modern).

The variations that you can enter/programme are:

1. Include the Extra saturnine planets in VOC determination- this is popular but not with traditional horary astrologers who tend to use only 7 traditional planets.

2.Use minor aspects to determine void- the Llwellyn calendars do this but this is not common.

3. the Traditional version deals with moiety of orbs(Planetary orbs divided by 2)- this is much more complicated.
http://www.astrology-world.com/voc.html
http://www.astrology-world.com/voc_resp.html

MehemPtah wrote: 2.Triplicites, Term and Face of the seven Traditional rulers.
3.Almutens

- you find both 2. and 3. in the beta http://kilian.stern.net/Kairon35Beta.zip which is not 100% finished yet but fully functional and apparently bug-free

I will be very keen to test the beta and purchase the final version.

Most horary astrologers need this basic data:

1. Ruler of the day, Ruler of the hour.

2. Strictures against judgement:
i.e the programme lists that the
a. the ascendant is too early or too late
(less than 3deg or more than 27 deg)
b. Saturn in 1st or 7th house.
c. Moon is via combusta : 15deg Libra to 15deg scorpio

3.Moon Void of course(VOC)
4.Traditional dignities- sign, Exaltation,triplicity, term, face.
5. Reception: mutual- planets in each others sign or exaltation.
mixed: one planet in sign of the other and that planet in exaltation or triplicity.

6.Almutens planet for a house is a matter of calculating from a table.
7.Antiscions- should be easy

as there is no horary version of mac- whatever you can incorporate would be very helpful.

Thanks

Pankaj
Asc:Scorpio/Sun+Moon: Sag
pankajdubey

Post by pankajdubey »

MehemPtah wrote:horary dignities are of course planned and will be implemented soon, like more :)

1.Moon Void of course.

3.Almutens

Hi Killian,
I like the beta version and it has got most of the features.
The dignities still have non english names(in the english version).
I was not able to change the chart colour. I was wondering when the version with Moon void etc will come out.

Thanks

Pankaj
mehemptah
Site Admin

Post by mehemptah »

pankajdubey wrote: Hi Killian,
I was not able to change the chart colour. I was wondering when the version with Moon void etc will come out.

Thanks

Pankaj
Hi Pankaj,
If i am not all wrong (am not at home for a fortnight right now and have no Mac at hand) it should be the other way round, that in the German version the dignities have still english names, but again i can't believe this is so... are you sure you selected the preference file "def_en" in the styles tab?
You change the chart color in the defaults tab of the preferences dialog, this always works. Sometimes you can't edit a preference file, though, this is due to the installer not setting proper permissions for some files which has already been discussed at length here and is also top on my todo list i have in mind.
Have you gone through the tutorials available, yet?
I cannot tell you a date of an issue. These are not political decisions based on tactical advantage, but real dates depending on actual progress that can depend on pettiest details. But it will not cost a farthing for registered users, this much can be said :)
Take care and thank you for asking,
Kilian
pankajdubey

Post by pankajdubey »

MehemPtah wrote:
pankajdubey wrote: Hi Killian,

Thanks

Pankaj
Hi Pankaj,
If i am not all wrong (am not at home for a fortnight right now and have no Mac at hand) it should be the other way round, that in the German version the dignities have still english names, but again i can't believe this is so... are you sure you selected the preference file "def_en" in the styles tab?
You change the chart color in the defaults tab of the preferences dialog, this always works. Sometimes you can't edit a preference file, though, this is due to the installer not setting proper permissions for some files which has already been discussed at length here and is also top on my todo list i have in mind.
Have you gone through the tutorials available, yet?
I cannot tell you a date of an issue. These are not political decisions based on tactical advantage, but real dates depending on actual progress that can depend on pettiest details. But it will not cost a farthing for registered users, this much can be said :)
Take care and thank you for asking,
Kilian
thanks Killian,
there was a plain "def" file which sorted out the problem.The style settings changed after a restart.
I use Astrowin 1.6/Horary Helper mainly for horary.I do hardly any natal or progressions. That is the reason I am keen to get hold of a version that lists Moon VOC and mutual receptions.
Show me a beta with those features and the farthing is headed your way :)

regards

Pankaj