Difficulty loading a new asteroid

This is the old FAQ vor Versions 3.0 - 3.5.12
For full support please download and install Kairon 3.6 and ask your questions into the new FAQ
Das ist das alte FAQ für Versionen 3.0-3.5.12
Für vollen Support bitte Kairon 3.6 herunterladen und installieren und Fragen dann ins neue FAQ für 3.6 posten. Eine Fortführung des alten FAQ würde hier nur verwirren.
elandra

Difficulty loading a new asteroid

Post by elandra »

Following the tutorial suggestions on "How to retrieve a New Asteroid's Ephemeris file" I am blocked when trying to get an ftp connection to astro.com. (using Interarchy) It requires username and password and my password for that site will not satisfy the requirement for ftp connection. I get a repeating dialog box requesting FTP Password again and again.
Any help would be appreciated
thanks
mehemptah
Site Admin

ftp download of asteroids

Post by mehemptah »

only that interarchy shows two more entry fields does not necessarily mean that they should be filled out. just leave them empty 8)
((at least this is what i have been doing the last few years... ))
for convenience you can also click on this link here ftp://ftp.astro.com/pub/swisseph/ephemeris_files/
that you need not use a username/password does not allow you to use a wrong username/password combination, though :!:
elandra

Download of asteroids

Post by elandra »

Thanks so much for that! I was able to download just the 2 asteroids I needed with no difficulty.
Once again, keeping it simple is the answer.