leopard

This is the old FAQ vor Versions 3.0 - 3.5.12
For full support please download and install Kairon 3.6 and ask your questions into the new FAQ
Das ist das alte FAQ für Versionen 3.0-3.5.12
Für vollen Support bitte Kairon 3.6 herunterladen und installieren und Fragen dann ins neue FAQ für 3.6 posten. Eine Fortführung des alten FAQ würde hier nur verwirren.
astroalex

leopard

Post by astroalex »

Dear Kilian,
thank you very much for your answers about arabic parts. Now here it is a new question for you. I'm going to upgrade my mac to leopard. What happens to kairon? Does kairon work fine with leopard as well and do all files stay unchanged? Some tips?
Thank you very much in advance! and thank you for your endless endeavour to make mac-user astrologers' life easier. One day somebody should search for the astrological reasons why one chooses this particular computer system....
Anyway I would suggest you to write a new and much more thorough tutorial to help kairon-users since the new kairon is much more complicated than the previous one and many topics are still a bit obscure (magwitch's problems with arabic parts are not different than mine)
Take care.
Astroalex (alessandro guzzi www.alessandroguzzi.com )
The stars are forth,the moon above the tops
Of the snow-shining mountains.Beautiful!
(..........)
in her starry shade
of dim and solitary loveliness
I learned the language of another world
(Byron)
mehemptah
Site Admin

Post by mehemptah »

Dear Astroalex,

i still don't have 10.5 on my G4, probably i won't install it there, just because i am afraid as i heard a lot of people cry out about some applications not running properly... normally i am not that cautious, but at present i just can't afford any risks that would cost me time for just nothing: i am truly happy with 10.4, so why change that? :?

But to answer your question i did a fresh installation of Kairon on a friends Macbook Pro with 10.5.1 on it and there was absolutely no issue at perfect performance.

So all that could happen would be:
a) by upgrading you might deactivate or even drop a font needed in one of your prefs files
b) you might accidentally change your Kairon location

in case of a) just controll your fonts-list
in case of b) delete the Kairon preference of your local library

Earlier i tried Kairon on 10.5 on an iMac with HUGE screen, also no issues there. I have no right posting errors with other softwares here, but i am told those companies are working it out and probably also Apple does. Anyhow, on my next Mac there will be a 10.5 or later, of course 8)

And yes, tutorials should have been written already, i am sorry i still haven't done it. I will put it in a newsletter, as soon as there will be new tuts available.

Best wishes and take care...