Tutorial dreaming and the Arabic Parts

This is the old FAQ vor Versions 3.0 - 3.5.12
For full support please download and install Kairon 3.6 and ask your questions into the new FAQ
Das ist das alte FAQ für Versionen 3.0-3.5.12
Für vollen Support bitte Kairon 3.6 herunterladen und installieren und Fragen dann ins neue FAQ für 3.6 posten. Eine Fortführung des alten FAQ würde hier nur verwirren.
astroalex

Tutorial dreaming and the Arabic Parts

Post by astroalex »

Dear friends and dear MehemPtah, I must tell you about my difficulty in setting the preferences of arabic points. Maybe the on line tutorial is not really that complete on this topic, and in general it is not complete at all. The only one part I always use is the so called "Fortuna" which is a very sensitive point since it includes the 3 most important points of the chart, and I do prefer to use it without any flipping because it works better, to my experience, in the fixed formula (As+Moon)-Sun.
I would like to know if there is any help about this issue, i. e. to know how to tell Kairon to do this very simple action, including Fortuna in the the chart the way I want to.
In general I use more complex software for things like progressions, lunar equivalent etc. and to do this I use Parallels with my Mac, to be able to run Astrowin or Solar Fire. But Kairon is very interesting and beautiful..
I have been using the former version of Kairon with my old Mac, and I must say that it was easier and more immediate than this new version even though this new Kairon is able to do much more.
Thank you very much.
Astroalex
mehemptah
Site Admin

Post by mehemptah »

to be used in a chart an arabic point must make it into the checkbox-list, this is done by selecting either modify or add from the menu on top right, then choosing the combination of items for your point from the three pulldown menus, select from the checkbox wether it should be flipped or not and click 'ok'. One Preference file can hold eleven such preselected Points. Anyways a point can be added/edited to/in the full list, by use of the three buttons at its bottom.
In your case it might be a nice idea about selecting both Point of Fortune AND Point of Spirit, as both are flips of each other. So classically, if you do not flip Fortuna where it is supposed to, you actually end up with Spirit and vice versa. This can be used to have both possible positions together in one chart :-)
mehemptah
Site Admin

Post by mehemptah »

continued at Preferences and Arabian parts by magwitch