Fonts

This is the old FAQ vor Versions 3.0 - 3.5.12
For full support please download and install Kairon 3.6 and ask your questions into the new FAQ
Das ist das alte FAQ für Versionen 3.0-3.5.12
Für vollen Support bitte Kairon 3.6 herunterladen und installieren und Fragen dann ins neue FAQ für 3.6 posten. Eine Fortführung des alten FAQ würde hier nur verwirren.
Lumo de Stelo

Fonts

Post by Lumo de Stelo »

Linked to the layout issue is the fact that I cannot find all symbols on the keybord for KiliStars. Gemini I find in at least two places, but no Pisces, Cancer or Aries. Nor Saturn.

Presumably I would be able to find it through the finder or something, but I haven't grown such a close relationship with Panther just yet :)

How may I find the location of all Kilistar symbols?

Lumo de Stelo
kino

re: Fonts

Post by kino »

I cannot find all symbols on the keybord for KiliStars.
Am I right in assuming you mean Kairon SemiSerif font
that Kairon 3 uses by default? If so, here is its
character map in rtf format from which you can copy
and paste astrological symbols into your document.
<http://quinon.com/files/varia/KaironSem ... rt-rtf.zip>

Please open it with a Cocoa styled text editor, e.g. TextEdit.
A Carbon program may fail in displaying it correctly.
mehemptah
Site Admin

kilistars font

Post by mehemptah »

the kilistars font will soon be rereleased with findable symbols but without the non astrological part. it has been extended by many more glyphs to fit in more nicely with the new demands of kairon 3.
The position of all glyphs will then be identical to the Kairon semiserif font. For the time being you might help yourself with the utility i put into Kairon's Styles Tab in the Preferences window: click the insert all symbols button, select them, set the font to kilistars and then change the size to something more visible .. . it will display all the glyphs in one handy scrollable text view and you can get the glyphs out via drag and drop (this is described at more length in the styles tutorial of the onlineTutorial).